Dynawatt 20/20....First Impressions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucifer said:
Simple question: does the 20/20 have the low end of a 50/50? :D Thanks!

There's enough there...w/o the added weight

Well, for me it's a non-issue, as I play guitar -- I leave the low end frequencies to the Bass & Keyboard (to a lesser extent -- drum) players :wink: :lol:

Well yeah..but you can get a really "fat low-endish right in your face" sound fom the fifty..so i was wondering..

That is really subjective. It depends mostly on your volume and how many speakers you are driving and your definition of "fat low-endish right in your face." If you like the tone of the 50/50 and do not need the weight reduction of the 20/20 then there's not much reason to change.

im getting a 50/50 in a couple days and I don't use alot of bass on my studio pre , and when i turn it up through the mark IV it just tightens up so much and the bass is very smooth and tight doesnt' flub or anything.. i don'pt think people should worry about too muhc low end unless if it's what they want in which my opinion says that's bad tone but we all have differnet ears

I'm with Nick on this one -- although I won't say it's bad tone per se.....

It's just for the type of music I play 80% of the time (i.e. R&B, 80s Rock, Contemporary Jazz (Fusion - Scofield; Spyro Grya), Latin, Gospel....etc), there's really no place for thick low--end with the guitar, that's the dept for the Bass, Keyboard...and Drums.

I find my place in the mix in the mid to upper mid frequencies

Jazzgear is correct, when you make a wonderful tone at hoem then you go try it out with other people, you'll say why am I not sitting in the mix well? becuase theres TOO Much low end, not enough mids, you don't want so much low end that your invading the bass and drum territory. I remember I had a gig and I had got these awesome tones at home before i went out to the gig and we didn't get time to adjust or anything , we set up, it was a jazz ensemble and as soon was we setup we played, we were already running late. I found the awesome tone I had was awesome on it's own but not awesome with the others, it didn't sit well, so i think the people who are worrying too much about low end shouldn't because once they use their high end gear in their band they'll notice they have faded away!

Latest posts

Back