Dumb 2C+ Question?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is a Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ primarily for metal?

• Yes: Hell Yea! what other kind of music is there?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No: but your are still a dork for asking...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TyeJones

Reaction score
I feel like I should post this question in 2C+ for dummies but I thought I would get more responses here.

I love great tone like the next guy (I have a MK2C upgraded to a 2c+), but...

Are 2c+ primarily for Metal?
(In most message boards they praise how good a 2C+ is for metal tone)

Are their other styles (that you know of) for which people are using this amp?

Thanks for being gentle.

It's great for pretty much everything though most people get them for the gain channel's abilities.

I think it has one of the best clean channels I've ever heard in any amplifier.. I almost like it more than the gain.

I think it's most known for being a good high gain amp, but in my opinion it's just as good for any other kind of music. These Boogies are also much used in jazz, for instance.

+1 on the clean!

TyeJones said:
Are 2c+ primarily for Metal?
(In most message boards they praise how good a 2C+ is for metal tone)

Are their other styles (that you know of) for which people are using this amp?

Thanks for being gentle.

I'll let you off with a mild "pimp slap". :lol: :lol: :lol:

The clean channel is outstanding, with or without the EQ :twisted: .

I've been experimenting with a Fulltone OCD used in the clean channel for a mild crunch sound. It can also be used in the lead channel with the lead drive set around 4-5. This lets you acheive a meaty rhythm sound (pedal off) with lots of clarity in the lead channel, then use the OCD sparingly to creep up on the single note solo sound. Just don't over use the pedal, as it can turn everything to MUSH in a hurry. :eek:

JOEY B. said:
I'll let you off with a mild "pimp slap". :lol: :lol: :lol:

The clean channel is outstanding, with or without the EQ :twisted: .

I've been experimenting with a Fulltone OCD used in the clean channel for a mild crunch sound. It can also be used in the lead channel with the lead drive set around 4-5. This lets you acheive a meaty rhythm sound (pedal off) with lots of clarity in the lead channel, then use the OCD sparingly to creep up on the single note solo sound. Just don't over use the pedal, as it can turn everything to MUSH in a hurry. :eek:

+1 -I really prefer the lower gain settings on the lead channel these days-real sweet and versatile-keeps the beast somewhat in control in terms of noise as well-I use a Fulltone Fulldrive II with similar results

C+ does everything. It helps that the amp is so dynamic and responsive to pick/volume/pickup changes.

I play classic rock and blues with mine. If does it well in my view. And oh yeah..... My GEQ is in the shape of a "W" I do NOT cuts mids. In the front I only use a Fulltone Clyde deluxe wah. (No boost pedals)

My current "classic rock pre-amp tube setup":
(These are all NOS circa 1960's tubes)

V1- Sylvania 12ax7a
V2- Mullard ecc83
V3- GE 12ax7a Long-plate
V4 GE 12at7wa 6201
V5- RCA 7025

The above combination nails what I need the 2C+ amp to do.

I use mine for funk/hip hop stuff as well as blues based rock. The clean channel is excellent and the best i've ever heard/played. That's why i got the amp, and use the clean channel almost exclusively.

mdog said:
I use mine for funk/hip hop stuff as well as blues based rock. The clean channel is excellent and the best i've ever heard/played. That's why i got the amp, and use the clean channel almost exclusively.

+1

I use the clean channel about 20% of the time. It reminds me very much of the old days when I played Fender amps. My 1964 Tremolux piggyy back amp especially..... The clean channel does bring me to my knees in appreciation.

Just to clarify my opinion, the C+ needs NOTHING in front of the signal chain to be very good at getting different tones. I was just using the OCD for a fast footswitching method, rather than turning knobs/pulling pots. :D

Latest posts

Back