Dual Recto Series FX Loop Mod- Opinions wanted.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ukalali Solo

Reaction score
Ok, so i've had my 2003 3 channel DR for about a month now, and i love it other than the effects loop is useless (in my opinion). The parallel loop bleeds way too much tone, and i want to use my G Major again in a loop for lead sounds and cleans.

I searched around on the forum and found things here and there, but really didn't get all the answers i wanted. So here's what i'm wondering.

The main reason i want to get this mod is because from my understanding it will make using a G Major and other units in the effects loop a lot more viable and cause less tone bleed. I want to run a graphic EQ in the loop, and with parallel it seems of no use.

What are the general Pros/Cons of getting this mod. I understand i will lose the solo function (not a biggie), will i lose the use of anything else?

Should most Amp techs know how to do this mod? Or do i need to get any schems from M/B to send to my local tech?

If you have any other info/advice other than what i asked, i'd love to hear it.

Thanks a bunch in advance,
Felipe

Performing the mod has served my needs well. Any decent tech should be able to perform the mod on a 2 or 3-channel recto.

IMO, the parallel loops CAN suck your tone if used with poor quality effects units.....if you don't set them right. I worked out a tone sucking problem for a friend of mine and his 3-channel Triple Recto caused by his Line 6 DL4. By setting the FX SEND to 1 o'clock, the DL4 effect mix to 100%, and the FX MIX to taste (completely CCW in this case), it now sounds perfect and there is ZERO tone suck. Coincidentally, these are the same steps that the Boogie owner's manual lays out as well.

Do as much research on the pros and cons of serial/parallel loops before making your final decision, and do what's best FOR YOU.

I heard that making this mod bypass's the solo knob, but that volume issue can easily be solved by your G-Major's EQ.

The problem is most of my rig stays in the practice space of my band's, so i can't play with the GMajor and the DR more than a few times a week...

...i've spent a few hours though tweaking a lot of settings between the GMajor and the DR and testing the leak by turning the loop ON/OFF and i have yet to find a setting that keeps all the integrity of the amp with the loop on.

I'm hoping that the FX loop mod is the solution to this problem.

hey. if you want, i was kind of in the process of trying to get my dual rec modded until i decided to just get a roadster but i had already contacted mesa boogie and had them send me the schematics since the mesa repair station near me said they didnt know what to do without the schematics. If you want them, tell me your email and ill send them over. The guy from mesa gave me two different schematics.

actually. Ill just post them here. There the two dual rec parallel to series mod pics. These are what you would need to give to a mesa repair station. If you go somewhere not authorized by mesa you will completely void your amps warranty. You can find your local mesa repair station on the mesa boogie website. Heres the two pics:

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q174/tempest1226/?action=view&current=TWO.jpg

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q174/tempest1226/?action=view&current=ONE.jpg

Latest posts

Back