Dual Recto Effect Loop question…

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishguy977

Reaction score
I have the 2 channel Mesa Boogie dual Rectifier. If I want my Orange channel to be straight up Mesa Distortion with no effects on it at all, and to have the Red channel be a clean channel with my board chorus and delay effects, how do I set this up? I have tried what the manual says. I have the chord coming from “Send” on the back of the amp into the Input of my board. Then from the Output of my board I have that connected to the “Return” on the back of my amp. Then on the Loop select I put the setting on “Org Auto” and I got massive high pitched feedback on the Orange Channel. Then I switched it again to “Red Auto” and still got the same result. When I select “Loop on Org and Red” this works, but I have the delay and chorus effects on both channels which is not what I want to happen. I only want the effects on the Red Channel. Any feedback (no pun intended) on this issue would be appreciated.

might be the effects loop tube, also check the levels on the effects unit... if they are too high they can do that.

also, is it a pedal, or a processor like digitech gnx4 or zoom multi effects processor?

You said you wanted the Orange Channel to be dry w/Mesa distortion. That would imply you are running in one of the gain modes.
But then you said you put the loop on Orange Auto....that would send the effects to the orange channel whenever you switch to it.

What mode and cloning option do you have set for the Red channel?

Your discription of the connections sound correct. If you want effects only on Red Channel use the Red Auto option. You may also have some adjustable Send and Return level knobs on the back....they may need to be lowered.

Why are you running the Red channel clean? Why would'nt you opt for the clean mode (not variable gain) on the Orange channel, and possibly clone it to Modern? Or Orange channel clean, Vintage mode, and Red channel cloned to Vintage?

My friend has a similar problem - if I put his GNX-4 into the loop of his three channel DR i get this nasty feedback. But only if I set the GNX amp models to DIRECT, so there is no extra distortion! If I set it to any of the distorted models it works, but sounds like sh.. I played with the levels an it is always the same. I don't understand it, I used to have a Boss ME-30 in a parallel loop and it worked fine...

Latest posts

Back