dual recto and el84/yellow jackets??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geddyentwistle

Reaction score
i run my dual recto with two el34s through a 2x12 with greenbacks, and the crunch is super.....but the clean is a little lifeless......i rarely play loud enough to get power tube distortion....

has anyone tried yellow jackets????

with 2 or 4 power tubes???

did the clean get any "sparkle" to it??

thanks

alex

geddyentwistle said:
i run my dual recto with two el34s through a 2x12 with greenbacks, and the crunch is super.....but the clean is a little lifeless......i rarely play loud enough to get power tube distortion....

has anyone tried yellow jackets????

with 2 or 4 power tubes???

did the clean get any "sparkle" to it??

thanks

alex

If I'm not mistaken, Redmax runs his Dual Rec with two Yellowjackets with 84s on the outside. He can tell you more, but I know this combo really seems to work for him.

Geddyentwistle,

With that name you HAVE to be a bass player! You name two of my favorites. And who is crazy enough to call him self 'Jaco' anything?

Any mesa bass gear?

Welcome to the forum!

Hey geddyentwistle, welcome to the Boogie Board! Mind if I call you gedox for short? I'm also a bass player and you are talking about two of my alltime favorite players (Squire ranks up there with them as well).

I'm running EH EL-34's and YJ's in mine. I run into a pair of Marshall 4X12 cabs with V30's and Greenbacks in an XY pattern. All I can say is that the tone I get is more of a vintagy kind of vibe with a ton of agression. It's definitely a different character than stock 6L6's. IMHO it's more like my own custom amp.

Latest posts

Back