Dual Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllNothing

Reaction score
I would like to buy a DR.. but here in Italy it's hard to find them in the shops...

I don't even know if I should buy a 3channel one or the old model with 2 channels.. which one is better ?

Also, could someone please post some clips so I get an idea about how they sound? I have a Les Paul.

Welcome to the Board! I have played a lot of older 2ch and 3ch's. Personally, I prefer the 2ch's.

I will say that tube choice is very important w/ the selection and what you plan to use it for. I just picked up a 98 DR and it's tubed w/ Sovteks and the Jury is still out. Had the DR not been such a good deal, I don't know that I would have chosen it based on the tubes that were in it. It's hard to find old DR's sit down with them and give it a good test drive even here in the US. With that said I just need time and space to really check the head room on the head.

There is nothing wrong with the 3ch's, so if you find one, don't worry about the diff between 2 and 3 ch's.

Good luck

I agree.. the 3 channels are not bad... but that is like comparing a smooth running sports car compared to another smooth running sports car... if we were comparing a DR 2 or 3 channel to a solid state amp..... there is a HUGE difference...

the 2 channels are alot smoother on the lead tones
the 3 channels are a little harsher sounding and have a high end which is hard to tweek out,but are alot more versitile and the clean sounds in a different league from the 2 channels clean

mesanomad100 said:
the 2 channels are alot smoother on the lead tones
the 3 channels are a little harsher sounding and have a high end which is hard to tweek out,but are alot more versitile and the clean sounds in a different league from the 2 channels clean

I will say I'm pleased with the cleans on my DR. I've heard a lot of people complaining about them and I just roll back the gain. The Normal Hi-gain, (which the Pushed had to of derived from) is dirty as all get out, low gain and all.

I find the older two channels to be smoother in general, tight (by recto standards) and less fizzy. Great articulation in chording through thick Hi-Gain saturation. Given enough time and the right tube combinations I'm 3 channels could do this as well.

Of course given an infinite amount of time and a typewriter chimps (maybe even the one on Guitarzan's avatar) could produce Shakespeare. I'll continue to hang my hat on the 2ch.

Latest posts

Back