Dual Rectifier serial number

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heracy

Reaction score
Hey guys is this serial number valid? got a Dr R 412 JT for sale im looking at buying.? I here anything under 500 are the best. I have a diezel vh4 and a bunch of other amps, but i was just in the studio and used a really old Dr and it was amazing. THe one i had from 98 sucked big time, Mushy city. Thanks guys

V

What is the JT? I was the one who asked about the serial # on it but was wondering what that JT was all about. Japanese Transformers? I doubt it but just throwing it out there.

i guess i overlooked that part...you'd have to ask BB or give the Mesa factory a call...I'd act fast before the auction ends. Perhaps ask the guy to give you pics of the back of the amp or ask him for readings on the transformers.

Mesa Boogie just called me back and said that they have never heard of a Dual Rectifier serial number that had "JT" at the end of it. :!: :?:

It was probably a typo or the guy was signing his e-mail but then decided to write more but forgot to remove the sig.

I asked the seller to clarify if JT was part of the serial number or a typo, or a persons name etc. he just replied with "the serial number is R412JT". So i dunno...with 0 feedback, it is enough to scare me off!

Personally I wouldn't take the chance. Bad communication is always a good sign that there might be problems later on. And I sure as hell wouldn't pay shipping on that junk cabinet!

AHA!!! :idea: I got to the bottom of it. It turns out the R412JT refers to the type of cabinet the guy is selling ie a randall 412 JT something or other. I talked the seller through where to find the rectifier s/n and he said that the actual serial number is R0642. Don't know if anyone cares since the auction is going to end in less than 30 min, but I thought I'd post it anyway!

i stayed away from it. I had a funny feeling. I picked up a mark III with eq rev etc, Im going to have it III+ and a few other things done to it when it comes in. Im keeping my eye out for a pre 503 recto though. Its going to sound killer with my vh4 side by side u know

Back