Dual Rectifier Roadster -- Umm ok I guess--

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony1967

Reaction score
I tried the new Roadster head at a music store today albeit under the usual circumstances (played it at a conservative volume for a short period of time under the watchful eye of the salesperson) and was not particularly in love with it...

Yes, the cleans are better but the high gain channel is a bit tame for me ---definitely a different voicing than my Triple Rectifier--

anyway thatz my 2 cents--

Anthony1967
:twisted:

well thats poopy .. most everything i have read says the 3 and 4 channels our RECTO all the way ...

I don't think you can pass any judgement on a loud tube amp (especially a Boogie) at low volumes and with minimal tweaking time.

Set correctly, there's no way that you could consider that amp to be tame. Taken directly from the Recto series, it has three times as much gain as any sane guitarist would need. (not that lack of sanity is a bad thing in music. :wink: )

Anthony1967 said:
... albeit under the usual circumstances (played it at a conservative volume for a short period of time under the watchful eye of the salesperson) and was not particularly in love with it...

Anthony1967
Well that says alot, watchful eye of under a salesperson and you cannot turn it up.

"Uh, I was not so impress with this Laumborgini, salesman to told me not to take it off second gear."

"Uh I was not too impress with the color of that '54 plasma TV, salesman told me I have to leave it in black & white mode"

No offense Anthony, I'm sure you are a good customer but that salesperson really hinder the capability of the Roadstar if you asks me. :wink:

OK--

I knew I was gonna get flamed for this before I even posted it-- and I realize that there is no way to judge an amp in two minutes time-- it's just that, like everybody else, I was off to pawn my triple for the latest new thang...

don't get me wrong, I'm sure itz hella cool --but it definitely does have a different voicing than the dual and triple, as it was probably intended--

BTW -- fellaz, i'm the guy that's still kicking himself over getting rid of my JCM 800 to buy the JCM 900 series (sheesh, that still hurtz :x )--

What I'm trying to convey is this--before you pawn ANY piece of gear, at least hear what it is your buying (even if it is under adverse conditions).

I mean c'mon couldn't MESA post some clips of any of their gear on their site? (Everybody else does!)

Just my 2 centz--

Hope I didn't offend--

Anthony1967

At first I was a nonbeliever. Then I flipped the rectifier switches and BAM.

It took some time to get into the amp. I suspect if you took them off the casters (if it was on them) it'd sound even better. Opening up the output helps a lot too.

I am usually not a recto guy but the Roadster sounds really good.

Oh yeah, and "fat" and "brit" modes are great. I suspect the brit with a boost would rip your face off.

Latest posts

Back