Dual Rectifier Road Case help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender101punk

Reaction score
I found this road case for sale in my town and thought I could use it! I'm definatly not buying a new one so I think I should jump on this since it's close and new ones are expensive! I hate shoving my head into a van with my other gear.

I just want to make sure my head will fit and be safe in this. Says it's made for peavey heads but said hes sure it will fit recto heads. He has dimensions in the ad. I measured my head and the dimensions of the case are a bit bigger so I wasn't sure.

http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-Amp-head-road-case-W0QQAdIdZ158540110

He says $150 is as low as he will go for it.

If you guys could let me know what you think, that would be great

TheCapstan said:
where the lit lifst off instead to having to take the head out for use.

Did you even look at the picture? It is indeed a Live-In case.

And to the OP, yes that is a good size for your head, as keep in mind there will be foam surrounding the head, which takes up additional room. If it is indeed what he says it is, $150 its a pretty good deal for a case like that.

I'd be cautious....he's using generic pictures, and not ones of the actual case. Road cases vary HIGHLY in quality. For $150, you might be getting one of the thin ones that sway back and forth if you put any force on them.

Really your call. If you can get a REALLY good case for not that much more to be honest.

The ad says the case is built by Angstrom Cases. If you go to their website and check out their products, they're pretty expensive. $700 or so for a case.

If that's what you're looking for, hop on it.

I sent him an email asking how thick it is. He told me a case like that would sell for atleast $250. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it! Probably tomarrow. I like how it's a live in road case.

Is this a good brand?

BTW, It's $150 canadian. So for you americans, it should be cheaper in US currency.

This is what he said when I asked about the thickness:

"I'm not entirely sure I know what you mean, if you mean how thick the wood is, I think (and don't quote me) it's at least 1/4" thick and the thickness of the foam inside the case in each side is no less than 1 to 1.5 inches. This thing can handle some one standing on it NO PROBLEM (of course with the lids on) without buckling. It's not a cheap built case."

I did a quick Google search on Angstrom cases but didn't come up with much.

They look pretty solid, and for the price tag I wouldn't think they're some cheapie junk.

For $150 CDN, I'd do it.

A Recto will definitely fit though. A 6505 is larger than a Recto.

P9301368.jpg

P9301369.jpg

I bought it! Nice case. Had to cut some foam for the rubber feet on the bottom. I thought I would have to add foam, but I don't think I do. There are spaces on each side though. But it fits nice and looks like the DR will be safe! Only downside is.. It's huge and heavy! I have to bring it back and forth from my house to our jam space everytime. Will be a good workout :)

Heat isnt a problem with those cases? My top vent gets really hot, seems like foam around it wouldnt be the best idea.

Nice!

Yes, they are heavy. I have mine in a case with a full 4 space rack, and it's over 100 pounds. I agree, lugging it back and forth between home and practice isn't very fun.

Jerrick said:
Heat isnt a problem with those cases? My top vent gets really hot, seems like foam around it wouldnt be the best idea.

I suggest leaving the vent open, although you could put foam over the top of the head...just make sure the vent isn't blocked.
They get enough fresh air through the back that having the top blocked shouldn't affect much. If ventilation is a concern, you could always go to Radio Shack and buy a fan to mount in the chassis.

To be honest, I never even thought about the foam blocking the heat. The top does get pretty warm during practice.. I don't think it should be much of a problem though. The back is completely open and there are vents on the front. I don't think companies would make cases like these if it would overheat the amp. We'll see how it does on saturday when we're going to jam

I think it would be nice to somehow attach wheels to one end.. And use it like those suitcases with the handle and wheels on the bottom

Latest posts

Back