Dual Rectifier relay question!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomasdj

Reaction score
Hi

I am currently building the dual rectifier 3ch which is a hell of project :shock: Anyway..Can anyone help me with the relays? what kind of relays is it? 6VDC or 3VDC??

And where to connect the 1' bus (6426 transistor) on the preamp pt 1 page?

Please help..It is the only two questions I've got to answer before it actually works! :roll:

Best regards

Thomas

Mesa used 6V relays in the early two-channel amps, and went to 5V relays in all later amps.

Make sure you either use non-polarized relays, or be careful to observe proper polarity - I had a DR with a polarized relay (a replacement) at the loop control, and Mesa didn't observe polarity on the PCB traces - so it didn't work properly.

So 1' bus , I think you have to connect it into the middle on RY 1' ...

And what about 3 missing jack (ex sw CH1. CH2, CH3)

Hello AdmiralB

Thanks you for your reply..and that was also my thoughts. I bought 11 6VDC non-polarized relays but the circuit want work:?

Here is a link to the schematic
http://www.bnv-gz.de/~ooehmann/schematics/mb/Dual_Rectifier_3Ch_Solo_Head.pdf

When i messure across the relay coils I get 3VDC or 6VAC..but the relays does not switch..so i think it may be 3VDC relays :? I'm new to relays so don't know how they works.

Thomas

Are you measuring with respect to ground? If so, that won't work because the 6VDC is derived as +3V and -3V, measured from ground.

weeest said:
So 1' bus , I think you have to connect it into the middle on RY 1' ...

And what about 3 missing jack (ex sw CH1. CH2, CH3)

The middle of RY 1'..hmm it could be.. but the relays is DPDT..so it should be to connect both poles or what??

Don't know about the ext switching yet..but I will let you know when i figure it out:)

Thomas

AdmiralB said:
Are you measuring with respect to ground? If so, that won't work because the 6VDC is derived as +3V and -3V, measured from ground.

Yes, to ground :?

so you think the 6V are good enough?? Guess I will have to check the circuit again..have you any ideas about the 1' bus?? I will post some measurings in two hours..

I think the 6V relays should work.

I'm afraid I can't help with the transistor problem. It looks to me as if that schematic is incomplete, I don't see all the switching circuits I'd be expecting.

AdmiralB said:
I think the 6V relays should work.

I'm afraid I can't help with the transistor problem. It looks to me as if that schematic is incomplete, I don't see all the switching circuits I'd be expecting.

OK AdmiralB:) ..I know the schematic is incomplete but I am using the switching schematic from the nomad 100 which is very similar to the dual rec 3ch. I've been doing some measuring and rechecking and so on..still can't find the failure. When i turn the amp on the RY2 should be in ON position! I measured across the coil of RY2 and it shows 4 voltage which I know is a problem:? ..just can't find the failure!

btw how do i insert pics or files...I'm new to this forum...

I really need help with this :(

Best regards

Thomas

Latest posts

Back