Dual Rectifier Rackmount question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
Looking for opinions from people who have tried the Dual Rec Rackmount. How is the overall tone? Everything I read says that it has much better gain than the 3 channel. I am looking for a great in your face rhythm tone that is thick, chunky, and tight.
Don't bite my head off, but I currently have a Marshall 6100 LM Head. It uses 6L6's and sounds good, but I also want to incorporate a heavy Boogie tone. I miss my dual rec, so I might get the rackmount and A/B both heads so I can get a great variety of tones from classic rock to high gain heaven.

thanks

Sounds good man, i just heard that the racktifier sounds like the two channels head. I personally never heard but i think you can't go wrong with the racktifier. What about one of the pre 500 2 channels head?

what do you mean by pre 500? I would get the rackmount for the fact that I wouldn't have to carry around 2 heads, I can just include it in my rackcase with my G-Major.

jhguitar1 said:
what do you mean by pre 500? I would get the rackmount for the fact that I wouldn't have to carry around 2 heads, I can just include it in my rackcase with my G-Major.

I meant #500pre production(serial number). The racktifier should be great for your needs then.

do the pre 500's sound better? Have you ever played or heard a Roadster head? If so, what are your impressions of it?

I heard that the roadster sound close to the old version of dual but not the same. Yes if you got a <#500 it supposed to sound a little better (than other 2 ch.) but it's not so oblivious. I'm not the best person for giving advise on this...

... yes i already tried the roadster head and i loved the clean and modern! I thought first it was about different amps but i realized it' more about the impedance...on my 2:100 i put 4ohms each sides of the cab and on the head we're connected on 8ohms. From 16 to 8 and 4 ohms the bass tend to sound tighter (IMO). What i like at high impedance is the diffused bass but less focused though. The difference between the roadster and my recto pre is not big enough for switching and i prefer to put my whole rig in a rackmount pream, power amp, effects, switchblade...etc

If the most part of the time you play on the modern mode then you're maybe better with the racktifier, you seem to want having everything in the rackmount like me.

I heard the 50 W rectoverb combo today, we tried different boost overdrive like tube screamer on the pushed mode and i have to say i love all the rectifier! Depend on your needs, that's it.

If you really need a good clean so much then go for a roadster. You know, i don't like tell to the people go and do that but i like if i can spare you the waist of time by aiming you on the right style of sound you like. This way go and try to compare both best amp you think you need and keep it! Don't do like me, i'm just recovering from my gear acquisition syndrome... :oops:

I'm just throwing this out here. It's my first post and I'm not exactly sure where to ask this question.....Can anyone tell me about what might be better or worse about my Ractifier? It's # 0854. Chrome Chassis, with attached power chord. It has a send level only. Any information will be appreciated! I'm kinda thinking about selling it.

Thanks

Welcome to the Board :D

Your racktifier is an earlier model that still retains the serial loop. This would make it a Rev. F. These amps like the traditional heads sound better than the ones to follow. Although early G's still sounded great too. The early Rectifiers were gain concentrated with clean being an afterthought. This being the case, your clean suffers slightly compared to amps that were produced later. Who plays a Dual Rec clean though? The chrome chassis in both the standard heads and the rack versions were limited. The aforementioned pre500's were Rev. C and D amps. These are truly a rare commodity. Their transformers and circuitry set them apart from the F's and G's. For more information check out the "lineage" post.

Hey!
Thanks for the response!! You are right. The clean does seem to be an after thought. Not bad, but not like my Triple. I usually just clone them and use one for a lead boost. Thanks again!

E seems to not have happened. At least no one has come up with one. Maybe it was just another evolutionary design that didn't make production. This seems to be the case for Rev. A and Rev. B also.

Latest posts

Back