Dual rectifier love rekindled

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
well I have seen a few posts about people wanting to have MKIV affairs behind there Dual recs backs

I also thought I was gonna have to find a new woman in my tonal life,that was until I found this lovely most amazing green box

It is called a Tubescreamer....you may have heard of these before,I bought an Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer modded by the master Robert Keeley!!

I went for the baked mod with its 3x saturation

and let me tell you,my dual rec is smooooooth,warm and still aggressive,Im still using my theile cab and I doubt this has much to play in the equation but I can say Im in no real hurry to buy me a MKIV anytime soon
I was gonna buy one the same day I bought the Keeley and decided to try this out first.......WOW its like her personality has changed,she got a boob job and had a face lift....she doesnt sag anymore I can tell ya

I say go and try one of these out for yourself

I wonder how a unmodded ts9 sound with a dual recto???? is there a big difference

wildrat666 said:
I wonder how a unmodded ts9 sound with a dual recto???? is there a big difference

Sounds great, I used to play my DR with a completely stock TS9.

DR love is funny, one day you hate it, the next day you love it.

The guy I bought my DR was telling me how great he thought a Tubescreamer sounded infront of a DR...I haven't checked it out yet though...

I was thinking the same thing as Platypus...I remember when I posted numerous threads like this, temporarily being happy with the Rectifier.

Now I'm done with it :lol:

well the stock TS will do a great job I have the baked mod keeley one and this gives 3 times more saturation,a lot quieter which is good becuase a high gain sound boosted normally results in alot of noise

I also love it on the clean with the distortion/drive etc down and you get really amazing SRV esque tones

ahhh its is sonic bliss in ones ears
If I had a way to record it I would but still it feels alot better to play as well

ohh it is love

Latest posts

Back