Dual Rectifier FX Loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnderMyUmbrella

Reaction score
So, i recently got a rack effect for my amp and i am running it through my effects loop. Now, i noticed that when i turn on the fx loop with the mesa pedal that came with the amp, there is a major decrease in volume. Anyone know why? is it a tube that may need to be replaced?

Before I would suspect a tube, I would ask if you have all of the levels balanced correctly? Could you relate that info, both from the amp and the processor?

I have messed with all the levels, both the processor and the fx loop knobs, cant figure it out. any ideas?

Do you have your channel masters up around 11:00-1:00? They will function as your effects send!

yea, its still doing the same thing, i dont know whats going on. I swear it wasnt doing this the other day.

You don't have a mid scoop going on on your processor, do you? That could explain decreased volume. Also, you said that it happens when you use the pedal, does it happen when you turn on the loop manually with the pedal disengaged? At the store I teach at, there's a triple rec that works fine, but when you try using the pedal it does all kinds of things it shouldn't be doing. They really need to send it back to cali.

WillShred

Hi all, I had the same issue with my pod xtlive. Here's how I fixed it...though i'm not sure how much of it will relate to your box...

1. Turn the mix on the recto WAY down... maybe around 8:00 or so

2. Turn the send on the recto to about 9:00 ...or whatever gets you the volume you want without clipping your FX box.

3. Now you shouldn't hear any volume drops when you tap the fx loop on and off, so leave the recto and simply adjust the fx mix and volume on the fx box itself to taste.

Hope that helps.

Wrake

Latest posts

Back