Dual Rectifier Effect Loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bQvle

Reaction score
Hi, Im using a Boss GT10 with 4-cable metod. in that way using the DR Preamp and using the GT10 as stombbox for Chours, Reverb, Delay and so on.

Lots of ppl say that the parallel loop in the DR sucks. and you have to mod it to a Serial loop to make it sound good.

But when i turn the mixlevel to 100% i get the true sound of the amp. and i can apply the effects nicely.

Is the parallel effect loop of a newer 3ch dual rectifier better then the earlier? or why dont i hear that it sucks? :)

I have thourgt of making it a serial, but i dont really se the point when i dont think there is any problems with the parallel turned to 100%.

I can use effects like Sync's, Flanger, Harmonizer, Octave and they sound perfect.. no mixing there.

Any other views on this?

Thanks

IMHO people who think the DR loop "sucks" probably haven't read the manual.

It is *different* to what you might expect as when it is engaged the channel master becomes an effect send level control that works in conjunction with the send level pot on the back of the amp.
It can take a while to get the hang of- but (again IMHO) it doesn't suck.
Actually it is one of the most versatile around- but it ISN'T plug in and play, which I think is what most people want.

If you haven't done so- download the manual, read it, experiment and go from there.

Latest posts

Back