Dual Rectifier 3rd channel Modern new vs old

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roadster I owned for a very short time, was to dark for my taste. My roadking 1 is my main stay. My 3 channel rectos had more mid cut then my two channels and roadking, at home in my bedroom I loved the 3 channel, but live I love my roadking.

screamingdaisy said:
siggy14 said:
I do not agree with the highlight part, 2 channel G revisions cut just fine as long as you did not cut the mids or used a speaker that had mid cuts. I saw many bands with 2 channels and they cut just fine. Now if you put a 2 channel up against another amp in a band setting then it did not sound like it was cutting if it was a marshall type. But you put two rectos side by side it was a great sound.

I also played with two channels recto and never had an issue cutting if I was a single guitarist or in a dual recto band.

I'm not going to argue with you since I agree. I mostly put it because back in the early 2000s when everyone had a 2ch and they weren't considered anything special it was often listed as a reason to "upgrade" from a 2ch to a 3ch.

That said, if I do the all knobs at 12:00 thing my 2ch is way more scooped than my Roadster. I think I have to put the Roadster's mid knob down around 9:00 to get a similar thing going on. Never really noticed it until I started recording both amps a couple days ago.

Latest posts

Back