Dual Rectifier - 2 Channel - Rev G - Effects Loop Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I have some questions about a Rev. G 2 channel head? My neighbor has one that he really wants to sell. It sounds great, but I haven't used the Loop yet.
If I were to get it, not sure what I would use it for, I would have to make the Loop work well with my FX.

Other than the standard Series Loop mod, is there anything else that I should think about?

This amp has the FX Send, Mix and Loop Active Master pots.

I was wondering how this loop would sound with a G-System through it?
If there is some tone sucking, has anyone come up with a mod for it?

Finally.....Out of all of the Dual Rectifier (any Rectifier) series, which amps have the most transparent loops????

Monsta-Tone said:
Anybody have any advice on a DR FX Loop?
The (series) FX Loop on my Roadster is pretty transparent. No issues at all with a TC G-Major. It's 100X better than the parallel FX Loop on my previous '01 Triple Recto.

Sorry, but I don't have any experience with a 2-Ch Rev G.

Dom

Thanks Dom,
I really want a Roadster, but just can't afford one right now. There is one on Oahu for only $1,300, but I don't know the guy and it would cost $100 just to ship it inter-island. If I got a Roadster combo from the Mainland, it would easily run $200 to ship!

My neighbor's Rev. G sounds pretty good. It needs tubes and a thorough clean up, but I was actually able to squeeze a nice clean tone out of it. Nowhere near as nice as my DC-5, but I can keep working on it.
After I showed him what ebay and paypal charge, he decided not to have me list it.
It's got some surface rust on the transformers and the paint is bubbling on the chassis. That, and the fact that it needs tubes, would mean that he would only get about $850 for it. After the fees, he would be lucky to actually have $700 cash, then he would need to pay me something for cleaning it and selling it.

I'm thinking that I will offer him $700 cash (or $400 & his old JS100).

I've been looking for a convincing heavy distortion pedal to use with my DC, but just can't seem to find one that I like. If I can get some good cleans out of the DR, I can use my G-Sys for reverb. My DC sounds phenomenal, but isn't really heavy enough for my band, unfortunately.

I just found another thread that mentions how to revert the Rev. G back to the Pre-500 spec. I would do this on the lead channel only, in hopes of keeping the Orange channel as clean as possible.

Latest posts

Back