Dual Rect: what are your send and return knobs set at?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichiganboySB

Reaction score
Doh! :? Says in the manual that you ought to have your effects unit very wet with the return knob at around 10%. Well mine sounds better with the send at 100% while tweaking the algorhythm in the unit. You agree? And I could use further understandings of how you're tweaking in the volumes. Any assistance is quite appreciated!
Ken :)

It's not an FX processor, but for what it's worth, I'm using a Boss delay in my Dual Recto's loop. My approx settings are -

Ch Master - 11:00

Send - Just a little above minimum (8 or 9:00 as you're looking at it) much higher and the pedal starts to distort with the repeats sounding more like static than anything else.

Volume on the delay pedal is maxed out

Mix - about the same as the send, maybe a little more.

Output - about 8:00

Thats what works for me.

-Wrake

I find that having the send up higher pushes more gain from the preamp but can distort the efx proc. Having it about 3/4 up with the return all the way up yeilds a great sound without overload.

I have the loop set to On for channel 1 and I switch it on for leads for 2 & 3, if needed. I like having my rhythm sounds dry as I like the punchy chug clarity. I use the solo and Efx switches together for some songs.

I really like the way the Solo function adds definition to the sound.

But having said that I also put a TS-9 in front of the amp to push the input for some songs too.

I'm a glutton for gain.........

Ch 1 clean, Gain 12:00 Master 1:30
Ch2 vint, Gain 3:00 Master 11:30
Ch3 mod, Gain 2:00 Master 9:30
Loop Send ~1:30, Mix 20%

In loop: Boss chorus pedal mix about 1:00, Boss delay mix dimed, Boss reverb mix around 11:00. No issues with overloading pedals, noise, etc. If the channel masters get much higher than that the delay does get staticky...Rackmount fx processors probably could stand a hotter signal, but for the kinds of tones I'm using this way works fine and the amp is absolutely deafening with the main output anywhere aproaching 12:00 with headroom to spare.

Is anyone else not that thrilled with the parallel FX loop on the Duel Rec's?

I don't know, the loop is just giving me headaches trying to set the send/return without my Boss DD3 delay pedal getting static

I tried Wrake's settings then the overall volume on my amp dropped, I had to put the Volume Output up to 12:00 just to get the volumes I had when it was at 7:00ish.

Ken said:
Is anyone else not that thrilled with the parallel FX loop on the Duel Rec's?

I don't know, the loop is just giving me headaches trying to set the send/return without my Boss DD3 delay pedal getting static

I tried Wrake's settings then the overall volume on my amp dropped, I had to put the Volume Output up to 12:00 just to get the volumes I had when it was at 7:00ish.

Hrm thats not right... You might have the mix up too high or the send knob might not be high enough. Try setting the mix to dead minimum (with your send knob to about 8 to 9:00 as you look at it). Now, play a bit (with the fx loop on then off) and adjust your masters and output. Once the volume there is right, slowly bring the mix knob up to whatever amount of fx sounds good.

I leave the pedal on all the time (with basicly the settings up above) and just bypass the loop with the footswitch. I wrestled with volume drops at first too, but after I figured out a good send (8:00) / mix (8-9:00) / pedal setting (max volume) all was well.

Wrake

Latest posts

Back