Dual Rec with Triaxis????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivsaken

Reaction score
I was thinking of selling my 3ch dual rec and going power amp and Triaxis. I was wondering though.......can't I use my DUal Rec as the power amp?

I gues sI would have to have a switch with one guitar input into the dual and one into the triaxis which also swithxes the input coming back into the FX return. Hrmmmmm......anyone ever tried this?

ivsaken said:
I was thinking of selling my 3ch dual rec and going power amp and Triaxis. I was wondering though.......can't I use my DUal Rec as the power amp?

I gues sI would have to have a switch with one guitar input into the dual and one into the triaxis which also swithxes the input coming back into the FX return. Hrmmmmm......anyone ever tried this?

Funny you ask this cause i tried a tri-axis in the return of my solo head 50 last year. Today i played with my friends tri-axis and i there was a big difference with th 2:90. Don't know if it's not good to play always like this though(without both stereo output connected). If i recall it well, with the 2:90 it's quite less agressive than a rectifier power section.

Cannot verify it again cause i own a rect pre and 2:100.

Im new to the stereo game too....seems all the power amps are stereo. I have a stereo cab but not sure that matters.

ivsaken said:
Im new to the stereo game too....seems all the power amps are stereo. I have a stereo cab but not sure that matters.

Cannot tell, i tried my recto pre/2:100 in the store with a stereo cab at 4ohms and in two 4X12 cab at 8ohms and it seems to be has much powerful as in a single 4X12 cab.

I remember that i use to own a solo head 50 with a 2X12 cab and i changed for a 4X12 straight cab it was a little less powerfull buy it sound huge with a lot of bass. The 2X12 with a 50w rectifier was too much powerful!

Latest posts

Back