dual rec sweet spot too loud

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geddyentwistle

Reaction score
ok

i'm turning into an old fart, but please bare with me

i've got a three channel dual rec.. its sounds great, especially with jj E34Ls, but has to be turned way up for the sweet spot... and then my ears are ringing

so the options are

1) a volume attenuator, like a hot plate

or

2) yellow jackets

any thoughts???

yellowjackets! lol

actually, i'm ordering a hotplate in a couple of weeks because of the same problem!

I got a hot plate. While I find it useful, it's still not enough (the more you attenuate, the more tone you lose).

I use a 2x12 instead of a 4x12; if I had one readily available, I'd try a 1x12.

Boogie needs to make a 20-watt DR. :)
...maybe not the best for cleans, but who buys a DR for the cleans.

i personally have found no solution to the volume problem.......and it pisses me off b/c I live in a college apt. The most I can do is try to coax a decent sound by playing the two volume knobs. I have my fun when I go back home=)

the recto in the sweet spot is just a different amp, its so much thicker and tighter. Too bad it has to be face peeling to get that sweet spot.

but yeah, earplugs and a band rehersal room is my solution.

Maybe try and get a single rectifier? The sweet spot should be a bit quieter than the DR or the TR since it runs at a lower wattage, yeah?

I don't mean any disrespect to any of you guys but what the #&%! !!! :shock:
I mean:
You get a Dual/Triple Rec so you CAN slam hard and play loud as hell, peel the paint, make your ears bleed, dogs howl, piss the neighbors off ! That's what it was designed to do ! **** !

CRUNCH, LOUD, CRUNCH TONE, LOUD, sweet spot..ouch my ears hurt...yep it's a LOUD Rectifier !

Pete Townsend would be ashamed if he could hear your complaints. :lol:

\t/\m/

Elpelotero said:
i personally have found no solution to the volume problem.......and it pisses me off b/c I live in a college apt. The most I can do is try to coax a decent sound by playing the two volume knobs. I have my fun when I go back home=)
Same situation here. I use a Single Rec at University and I'm not enough of a ******* to turn it up loud so I just have to put up with rubbish quiet tones.
Next year I'm working in London so I'll be living in a flat... same problem.
But like the other poster said, we bought loud amps, so what did we expect?

I personally never felt it necessary to achieve great tone at a louder volume than that of a band context?

hotplate,when I read the title to this I already had my answer,use a hotplate and you had it in your opening sentences so emmm yeah I wouls say a hotplate defo

mesanomad100 said:
hotplate,when I read the title to this I already had my answer,use a hotplate and you had it in your opening sentences so emmm yeah I wouls say a hotplate defo

Hot plates ruin your tone. I used to use one on my RK for the longest time then I was like **** this and I took it off. My amp sounds a lot better with a clear signal path. It's louder, but it sounds sweet.

mrd said:
mesanomad100 said:

Hot plates ruin your tone. I used to use one on my RK for the longest time then I was like f%&# this and I took it off. My amp sounds a lot better with a clear signal path. It's louder, but it sounds sweet.

Yeah this is true,it depends what your wanting to use the head for,If your playing live dont use one crank the bloody amp up,if your in the studio,crank it up(Dixie dregs song,great),If your in your bedroom and cant crank it up then use an attenuator to soak up some of the power sure the tone wont be as great as if it were cranked but in the bedroom it doesnt really matter anyways its live and when its goin to tape that really counts,your tone doesnt get killed that much,I used a hotplate in the house and it wasnt that bad,still wasnt like a cranked tube amp though,

I dont really have this problem,I practise with the band or record 4/5 days a week and when at home I just practise everything cleanly or if it needs it whip out a stompbox for the gain

Just my suggestion,If your playing live crank that amp,same in the studio,in the house power soak that amp with a attenuator

Back