Dual Rec/Stiletto and aHeadbone VT

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les_paul_gold_top

Reaction score
Just wanted to give you a scouting report on my new rig. Last year, I purchased a Stiletto Duece II and Mesa 4 x 12 cabinet. I ended up selling my Marshall JCM800 and purchased the surprise of the century, a ’92 Revision E Dual Rectifier. The problem is that each unit alone is great at what it does – but you can’t get all of the sounds from just one of the amps – I’ve spent the last two months attempting this! I love them both for different reasons – but I couldn'tt get as good a lead tone out of the Rec (even in two channel mode) as the Stiletto – and forget about the thump and chug from the Duece as you get from the Dual Rec. So, I purchased a Headbone VT, some high quality cables from Lava Cable, and presto, a three channel master of all animal! I am completely blown away by the versatility and sounds from these two amps – just figured I’d let everyone know…

Tim

i have one of those.. it is a great piece of gear but i hate carrying a mk IIc+ and a mk IV and a recto cab and then setting it all up.. it takes an hour.. if i had it all in a rack and set up all ready it would be sweet..

Latest posts

Back