dual rec needs new tubes, any suggestions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same head as you. I just put a set of JJ's I got from EUROTUBES in mine and I love them. E34L's in the power and ECC83s in the preamp. I bought the GZ34's rectifiers also but they caused the fuse to pop. When I called they told me to go up a fuse size because I am running E34L's. That might be ok (but I am not willing to do that ) so I popped in some EH 5U4G's in and all is well.

The E34L's tame the highs and the boomy bottom. I have the 6L6's to but I like the tighter sound of the E34L's better.

Good luck!

i just retubed with JJ 6L6's. like them a lot so far. i just got new preamp tubes yesterday and will be putting them in saturday. for those, i got a Mesa SPAX7 for V1 and Groove Tubes ECC83S for the rest. not gonna do the rectifier tubes right now, as i usually keep it set on silicon diodes.

i decided to go with the mesa/GT combo after talking to the owner at the local mesa dealer. he highly recommended the Mesa SPAX7 for V1 when i told him that i play a lot of modern/hard rock and metal.

so there's my $.02.

yeah, i'm dumb. i was thinking about when somebody posted that they were runnin el34's w/ the bias set on 6L6's... whoops

Back