dual rec muddy sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffhanger6

Reaction score
:? :?
Hi, can anyone give me any advice on dialing in my tone?
I just bought my first 2 channel dual rec and so far im am dissapointed.
I was hoping to get a good megadeth tone with tight punchy gain but after trying everthing every which way I can, I still end up with a muddy weak tone. I know from reading various posts this amp can be hard to dial in. could there be a fault in the amp? tubes are around a year old and everything is lit up. Its the same turned righ up or at low volume. Also I know about using the loop set to the channel im using. If anyone can help
I would really apreciate it. :wink:

get a maxon od808 - i have one in front of my Triple Rec and it helps to tighten it up very very well.
ive also heard using a graphic eq (like a boss ge7 or somethin) in the effects loop helps tremendously, tho im sure other ppl can chime in on which frequencies to adjust.

but yea, get a maxon od808; you'll love it.

Definitely try an eq in the effects loop and scoop out some of the 200 hz range of bass. This is the bass frequency you are referring to as muddy. Also try a good overdrive pedal. I use an Ibanez tube screamer with the brown mod.

giantstepjoe said:
Definitely try an eq in the effects loop and scoop out some of the 200 hz range of bass. This is the bass frequency you are referring to as muddy. Also try a good overdrive pedal. I use an Ibanez tube screamer with the brown mod.

+1

i have a maxon ge601 and it works wonders

although the megadeth tone is marshall..... mesas lie more in the metallica realm.... which is why metallica is a greater band than megadeth... there i said it .... mustaine can tear it up but he has a lot to learn from hetfield in terms of writing a killer song

Latest posts

Back