Dual rec+me=love

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qball

Reaction score
Hi everybody, first time poster from Sweden here..I´ve been browsing this forum for a couple of months, about the same time i bought my first mesa..It´s a Dual rec, two channel from 96 ( i think..serial no. is b006788x) anyway, just wanted to say thanks for all the great info i´ve picked up here..you guys really know your mesa amps!
Now to the amp: I´m in love!! I used to be really happy playing my Peavey JSX with my band, and while it´s a great amp, the Dual smokes it on every level!! I, like many moore, used to think that the Rectifier was just a Numetalmachine...boy was I wrong..this amp really takes out the best in my playing( I play mostly hardrock..)
I admit that I´m totally in the honeymoon-phase now but I used to play modded Marshalls and other good amps but none of them had the raw power of the dual rec...Anyway, looking forward to a long, healthy relationship with this amp!

Congrats on finding your tone! The DR really is way way way more than a nu-metal chug/lug like so many people say. I've always said, spend an hour with the owners manual and you'll understand, the mesa tone stack is vastly different from any other amp I've played.

Thanks for the warm welcoming guys! I´m off for bandrehearsal, can´t wait to crank it up...

glad to hear you like your dual rec!

I hate the Nu-metal stigma this amp has, People see the amp and think im gonna be nu metal, but they change thir minds when I bust out racer x :twisted:

Ok, I'm in, Koprofag: SKÅL! Endnu en viking er til stede! :lol:
Well, also a recto user here. It can do so much more than just NU metal! Playing in a rockband, I can get everything from clean pop-guitar to classic rock to deathmetal to....you name it. Nice amp :D
b.r. andershoeg

Welcome. I am still learning a little more about the amp everytime I plug in.

I was worried that I would get a Nu-metal amp...haha good thing I didn't.
Congrats on the amp!! :twisted:

I'm half scandinavian...does that count? :D

Back