Dual Rec 3 Channel clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metal_man12

Reaction score
Jammin some tallica with my 3 channel. Recorded through a real shitty mic into audacity. I think I finally got the tone down....

http://rapidshare.com/files/31726998/entersandman.mp3.html

What is that noise ?
delay,reverb?
Dude just record 2 tracks for rhythm guitars than open stereo spread!
It will be perfect. :wink:

That noise is annoying.

Before you read this metal_man12 take this as purely constructive...

I think it sounds like you are playing through a tin can. It could be the mic, placement, or both compounding the issue. You already know the mic sucks. Replace it. The amp settings definitely need help too. That isn't a very good representation of the tone you are looking for. There is a little too much gain and not enough oomph. If you are playing a Triple Rec, where's the bottom? Your TR should be heavier sounding than that. My ol' lady's Micro Cube sounds better. That would certainly get lost in the mix as is.

BTW, I can tell your amp is not being played too loud enough because I can hear what sounds like you breathing and something else in the background amongst the rest of the noise which is probably your foot keeping time.

I am not trying to drop the gavel in anyway but I just hear lots to be improved.

Its a dual rec through kind of a make shift cab, i can kinda see what your getting at. thanks for the input ill try to work on that.

I was afraid to say it because there are people on Boards that hate honesty.
So you said it.
BTW if the noise is delay or reverb,try what I said first.It'll clean up the mix than you do the things RUSS said because when you could listen to your own sample without noises,echoes etc,you could see the points to be changed. :wink:
Well said RUSS :D

Man am I reading things funny today.

I could have sworn I saw TR in the thread title.

I also for some reason thought I was talking about a Stiletto not a Roadster in another post.

I am glad you could understand what I was getting at there even misquoting the amp as blatant as the large font is at the top of the thread. The DR should still be a little heavier than your clip. It is good that you can step back and see what people are referring to instead of taking offense to people trying to help you too. That is something a few people that have posted here have yet to learn.

*For you other guys that got offended by people's comments:

If you post it, you gotta be open to other's opinions. You might just learn something.

I told you RUSS ,

DO NOT USE 0.30 - 0.154 STRINGS !
IT COULD HARM YOUR BRAIN :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

metal_man12 said:
Its a dual rec through kind of a make shift cab, i can kinda see what your getting at. thanks for the input ill try to work on that.
yeah, if you work on your recording technique I think you'll get some nice clips. I agree with Russ when he's saying that maybe the tone we hear in the clip is not representative of what you were looking for or you hear in your room. Your tone has got all the potential, just keep on working on the recording technique!

Don't take this too harsh, this as honest is it can be, not trying to diss you, just helping you! On a side note, I find this particular forum one of the coolest forums around (i'm regular on about 5 forums, daily basis), people are really cool and helpful :wink:

Did you by any chance have a CRT monitor turned on near the amp/guitar? Cause that hiss sounds similar to that...
The tone is..well, thin... i don't know how much you know about micing, but try putting the mic as close to the grille as possible (especially if the amp is not turned loud), somewhere around the center of the cone..

And also, the second riff in Enter Sandman should go:
G - E - F# - E - F# - G - F# - E
and you play it:
G - E - G - E - F# - G - F# - E

Yeah I noticed that G in place of the F# too. It's not really a big deal though because it sounds good either way, as long as you're not playing the song with vox, 2nd guitar, bass, etc. :D

Mrmot said:
And also, the second riff in Enter Sandman should go:
G - E - F# - E - F# - G - F# - E
and you play it:
G - E - G - E - F# - G - F# - E
Man, I always played it as metal_man12! Only now I realize it's not right!
Well, I never played it with my band, nor I played it over the original song... I think I learned it from a bad tab five years ago and since then I never realized it!

Thanks for all the advice.... I'm saving for a proper cab at the moment, and maybe I'll pick up some better recording gear and know how on the way. Thanks for the tip about the riff, could've sworn it was a G, Metallica's wall of sound is a tricky ******* to penetrate.

Latest posts

Back