Dual OD/ Distortion pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
I am currently using an OCD with my Roadster, which I really like. I also want a pedal to use on my clean channel to give me a low/medium gain. Are there any good pedals that offer both an OD for my solos & distortion for my clean channel. I know they are out there, but are any of them good?

Thanks

Friend of mine (Noonoo on here and JP forums) has a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 he uses with his DR. It's the blue pedal with white knobs and has a boost and OD on the same pedal. It's VERY transparent and offers several more tones. Very impressive little box.

9j76q8k2n.jpg

+1 to the FullDrive 2. It's got a great bluesy tone all by itself on the clean channel. Tends to get a bit dark on the dirty channels, so adjust your EQ accordingly. The GT-500 also has a great OD. It's got a built-in separate distortion effect as well, but I'm not a huge fan of the distortion's overall tone, and the outrageously adjustable mid boost/cut control is a bit gimmicky since you'll never need that much boost nor that much cut, plus the frequencies it controls aren't my preference anyway.

Actually, the OCD makes a great stand-alone crunch tone for the clean channel. Anything from edgy clean Beatles-type tone to crunchy Zep, AC/DC, James Gang kind of classic crunch.

I know you don't quite have the same option with a Roadster, but one of my favorite tricks is to set my Triple Rec's clean channel to Pushed, treble and mids dimed, bass at 2:00, and run my modded Bad Monkey in front of it. I can get the nicest open-toned Marshall crunch out of that combo that gets me anything from the lightest Zep to classic metal riffs like Maiden, Dio, Priest, etc. I modded the Bad Monkey to give me a stronger mid response with more even-order harmonics for leads.

Not exactly sure what you are going to use it for, but my Barber Tone Pump has served me well for 2 ch stuff. Very true to my amps tone. There's also his Burn Unit. And the custom Dual Discrete pedals where you pick the 2 pedals like a LTD/DD or LTDSR/DDSS etc.

Latest posts

Back