Dual amp footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryerson

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to control my pair of mark v 90 amps by making a y cable to use one footswitch?
Possibly if someone has the Pin outs for the cable I could make one ?
Any ideas would be terrific, thanks

Does anyone know if it is possible to control my pair of mark v 90 amps by making a y cable to use one footswitch?
Possibly if someone has the Pin outs for the cable I could make one ?
Any ideas would be terrific, thanks

I would start by looking for midi based solutions.. pretty sure there would be issues with connecting multiple amps’ circuits together ⚡

For the amp control I’ve had Voodoo lab control switcher, Engl switcher and now EM Custom. The latter being easiest as it doesn’t require external power.

For the foot control part the disaster area stuff was pretty solid and compact.

I am currently on multi-fx phase of things so GT1000 is the fx and logic controller which made everything a wee bit simpler than trying to get everything together with pedals..

I am currently on multi-fx phase of things so GT1000 is the fx and logic controller which made everything a wee bit simpler than trying to get everything together with pedals..
Had to chime in... I updated to the Core from the GT-100 a while ago, that was a game changer. The improved effects and the added features were too numerous to count.

Had to chime in... I updated to the Core from the GT-100 a while ago, that was a game changer. The improved effects and the added features were too numerous to count.
I was on the fence between CORE and full GT and the full version won because of extra buttons and the volume/control pedal..

I fortunately was using an FCB1010 as a midi controller in the studio with the GT-100 and then decided to start using it live and that made the Core a bit more usable. Plus Boss just released an update with an SD-1 now which was pretty cool.

The Mark V90 method of channel change logic would not be suitable for running parallel to two amps. Not only would you be coupling the power supplies to each other by some common link, it probably would not work. The Mark V90 uses a voltage level to address channel switching when using the DIN cable. Also, making some sort of parallel cable to connect to both amps could result in current sourcing between amps if the 24V, 12V and 5V supplies are slightly off from each other. That may damage some internal components. If you think that would work, consult Mesa customer service through email first as they know their product well to provide technical information to guide you in the right direction.

You have two options. Each would require some sort of midi control unit.

1: use the 1/4 jacks on the back for channel change. That would only give you the 3 channels, EQ and Solo. It will not be able to control the FX loop. You would need to find a minimum of a midi controlled dual relay module for channel change or if it has SPDT relays, it may be possible to make use of just one if the relays are isolated from each other.

2: Mesa Boogie Midi Matrix. Supposed to be compatible with all Mesa amps. You would need two of those as well, one for each amp.

Latest posts

Back