• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

DST Cage 2+2 Guitar Amp with EL84 and 6V6 Tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robberns

Reaction score
DST Cage 2+2 Guitar Amplifier. In excellent condition.
Hand-wired (true Point-to-Point) by Bob Dettorre of DST Amps, 12-watt/3-watt guitar amplifier that runs both EL84 and 6V6 power tubes, switchable via a toggle on the back of the amp. Tube rectifier, EF86 and 12AX7 preamp tubes.
12-watt (Full Power) and 3-watt modes (Low Power), selectable via toggle on back, plus a headphone output on front panel.
Controls include:
Gain
Treble
Bass
Master
I had Bob build this using an EF86 tube in V1 to allow me to get "Voxy" tones when using the EL84 tubes. He selected this tube for quietness and lack of microphonics. When using the 6V6 tubes, the tone is more "Fender-ish".
The tubes installed are:
2 x Electro Harmonix 6V6EH
2 x JJ EL84
1 x 5U4C Russian Rectifier
1 x Winged C EF86 (V1)
1 x JJ ECC83/12AX7 (V2) 2nd Gain stage and tone stack driver
1 x Tung-Sol 12AX7 (V3) Phase inverter
Amp is Cathode biased so no need to re-bias if switching power tubes.
All tube sockets are ceramic for longer life and durability. Amp includes handles on top, AC cable, padded Studio Slips carry-bag with shoulder strap.
Weighs 13 lbs., dimensions are 12" W x 7.5" H x 8" D.
Great little "grab and go" amp when paired with a small 1 x 12 speaker cab, takes pedals well. I played a few small club gigs with this, it is plenty loud as long as you don't have a really loud drummer or are going to mic it.
Price is $600 shipped in the CONUS.
IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

CIMG1151.jpg

Latest posts

Back