DSL vs Recto video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a not so satisfying experience with them also. My JJ E34L's were crackling, popping and then cutting my volume in half. I bought new Mesa STR454's and the amp runs fine. he refused to believe that there could be something wrong with his tubes and asked me to put 1 E34L in with a 6L6 (6L6 bias) to see if the problem still existed. I'm not brave enough to risk my $1500 amp to see if a $15 tube is bad. :shock:

xscottx9 said:
its running Mesa 6L6 440's .. I thought they were JJ's, but when I looked they were not. I slapped the JJ's in, and sorry to say .. the Mesa ones sounded less muddy . i guess thats the word.

Speaking of JJ's. I talked to him on the phone, very nice guy. But ****, .. he basically said if you dont like my tubes, you are tone deaf. I was like .. ok .. I didn't say I did not like your tubes, just trying to ask if the value written on the box is cool with the recto. I had bought some E34L's for a TSL *returned* . so I wanted to know if the ones he sold to me were cool for the Boogie..

.. I said they were a tad muddy, and wanted ru nthe number on the box by him.

. oops. bang!

yeah .. I bought some EL34 from him 2 years ago or so, .. they were noisy. I told him they were noisy, and he said "Wow, I have never heard of that problem before" ..

me and a mate compare his single recto ch2 modern to my marshall jcm 800..we didn't record it but they sounded very alike...the marshall had a grahic Eq thought it FX loop and a gain pedal infront of it...thas were the extra gain came from ..but yeah very alike...

xscottx9 said:
http://imageevent.com/bestboyd/dslvsrecto

Recto starts. Pretty dang close in sound.

DSL lead channel 2
Recto Channel 2 Modern

using line6 mm4 to pan between the 2 amps.

Am I smoking crack or is this clip gone form the website? I get an error on the page saying that clip has been removed or something- :?

Micah said:
xscottx9 said:
http://imageevent.com/bestboyd/dslvsrecto

Recto starts. Pretty dang close in sound.

DSL lead channel 2
Recto Channel 2 Modern

using line6 mm4 to pan between the 2 amps.

Am I smoking crack or is this clip gone form the website? I get an error on the page saying that clip has been removed or something- :?
Well I don't smoke crack but I do experiencing what you'd experienced => "Page Error" Title page so I think we conclude clip has been removed. Or your other suggestion "something".

xscottx9 said:
i took it down a long time ago ....

What for? @ least give someone a chance to compliment you on it!! Screw the ones who want to knock you down for trying! I dont see them posting clips of their recto's/DSL's--maybe they are afraid that people will find out that they dont know how to play or that they sound like crap...... :wink:

Back