Dream Theater's Repentance solo (Dual Rectifier content)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junior

Reaction score
I wanted to try my new M-Audio sound card, so I recorded this.
It's my Dual Rec on channel 3 (vintage) boosted with a Maxon OD808.

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=MahiCnJIODU

Thanks!

I used a Boss DD20 for delay on the fx loop.

Settings:

Channel 3 vintage / diodes / bold
Presence: 11:00
Master: 12:00
Gain: 12:00
Bass: 9:00
Mid: almost 3:00
Treble: 2:00

nice junior. what was your fx loop settings with that delay pedal. I mean with the send and return?

Don't forget those EMG's.....emg's do great with rectos. But no love for EMG's in this board.

This video proves that with the right guitar + pedal + and proper eq'ing..the rectos can do pretty close to anything! But nah...the going in this forum is

"rectos are crap, unusable, if u want tone get mark IV. Without a od pedal in front you shouldn't even get the recto out. (because some oxymoron in the 80's had a green pedal in front of his amp...now that has to be standard!)"

HA!

jhguitar1 said:
what were the dd20 settings?

Can't remember the exactly settings... I think the Feedback was around 12h, Level 14h... Using the standard digital delay mode.

tempest1226 said:
nice junior. what was your fx loop settings with that delay pedal. I mean with the send and return?

Send and mix about 50%-60%.
I use both knobs at the same level to get the same volume with the fx loop on and off.

Nick_cor said:
LnTh said:
There's no external EQ involved here? I find it hard to believe but if you say so...

I heard the Maxon OD808 does wonders for making the rectos tight and smooth

I have one for an ENGL fireball and I love it, personally I like it more than the Tubescreamer series, I'm getting a mark iv soon and I don't know if I'll need it anymore!

espmaster1 said:
Nick_cor said:
LnTh said:
There's no external EQ involved here? I find it hard to believe but if you say so...

I heard the Maxon OD808 does wonders for making the rectos tight and smooth

I have one for an ENGL fireball and I love it, personally I like it more than the Tubescreamer series, I'm getting a mark iv soon and I don't know if I'll need it anymore!

I'm also planning to get a Mark IV head (I'll have to sell the DR) and wondering if I'll need my Maxon OD808... But I'll try to keep it, great pedal!

Back