Dream theater's new video in studio

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that DT will never recreate the magic and songwriting that was I&W and Awake. Pure genius. And there were real gems on FII. I still like their new stuff from a rock-out stand point but it does not bewilder me any more. What is ironic is they talk about continually progressing with their music but their current stuff is less progressive and more formula than ever.

Just my opinion, We'll see.

mesanomad100 said:
If you guys want a proggier version of dream theater go get some Porcupine Tree,if its instrumental prog go check out Jon Finn group,all of the Jon Finn Group are tutors at berklee!!!

yeah these guys are crazy,very dixie dreggs.steve morse

:D :D :D :D

Porcupine Tree is awesome!!!

Elpelotero said:
mesanomad100 said:
If you guys want a proggier version of dream theater go get some Porcupine Tree,if its instrumental prog go check out Jon Finn group,all of the Jon Finn Group are tutors at berklee!!!

yep man,a massive influence in my playing,not as much as The Theater I must addmit :D

Stev Wilson has to be one of the best producers out there right now,he is amazing at his job
love that band,I think I may go listen to some Tree right now 8) 8) 8)

Just watched it again,

how cool is Jordan Ruddes's Korg Oassys synth

that seven string is very sexy as well,the constantly changing meter is very Drem Theater.......wait a sec. it is Dream Theater!!!!!!!

I think JP should have taken a back seat with the lyrics.......writting about mythological creatures and goblins etc doesnt really float my boat,still great music

Elpelotero said:
mesanomad100 said:

YES! I'm a long time Porcupine Tree fan, and the new album kicks a$$! they continue to impress me...

mesanomad100 said:
Just watched it again,

that seven string is very sexy as well,the constantly changing meter is very Drem Theater.......wait a sec. it is Dream Theater!!!!!!!

I think JP should have taken a back seat with the lyrics.......writting about mythological creatures and goblins etc doesnt really float my boat,still great music

I think they're trying to show the power metal side of DT :D :p

MetalMatt said:
mesanomad100 said:
Just watched it again,

I think they're trying to show the power metal side of DT :D :p

Yep thats what I was thinkin,I say just keep it prog guys no power metal esque lyrics!!! lol

reo73 said:
I agree that DT will never recreate the magic and songwriting that was I&W and Awake. Pure genius. And there were real gems on FII. I still like their new stuff from a rock-out stand point but it does not bewilder me any more. What is ironic is they talk about continually progressing with their music but their current stuff is less progressive and more formula than ever.

Just my opinion, We'll see.

+ 1.000.000.000

has myung changed endorsement to EB/MM basses,thats two different ones he has been using on the latest album!!!!
hmmmm I can see a sneaky endorsement change!!!!

eack member on that song are tight as a nun's *$£&

amazing!!! musicians as always!!

JP is god,and did you check out the lead channel on the MKIV during the solo.....its on!!!!!!

mass destruction insues!!!

come on the theater,
anybody elese bought the limited release cd and dvd combo

Im liking that,Im not sure if we as preorders get it on the 4th of june...the day before its released in stores Im sure thats whats happening

mesanomad100 said:
JP is god,and did you check out the lead channel on the MKIV during the solo.....its on!!!!!!

Of course it´s on. He used a Mark IV for most of the album. He appearently only used the IIC+ for one or two leads, slaved through the poweramp of the IV.

Bullen said:
mesanomad100 said:

Of course it´s on. He used a Mark IV for most of the album. He appearently only used the IIC+ for one or two leads, slaved through the poweramp of the IV.

yeah its was meant in a slightly humorous sense,I realise that he would most probably need the lead channel on when soloing,hence the lead channel.lol

Back