Dream Theater concert!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_cor

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the dream theater north american tour is all dream theater, because I just found ou ttonight that, 2 bands are playing with them, im so pissed off, i don't want to hear no falling into redemption/into eternity. so does anyone know if their opening for them? or playing equal time? or what's happneing, im so disspaointed :cry:

actually into eternity is headlining.
i heard dream theater is only getting like 35 minutes.

this is the set list:

change of seasons.
--encore
home

thats it.
sorry.

seriously though, come on, its dream theater.
you know they'll still MINIMUM 90 miuntes even with 2 opening acts.
the openers will get 30-45 minutes tops each.
my band opened for into eternity on the dark tranquillity tour.
they're good guys and great musicians.

nooooooo...

haha, sorry man.
read my edit.

dream theater used to have message boards at dreamtheater.net back in early 2000's when i used to be obsessed with them, but i guess they took them down.
i'd say read those, but they don't seem to be there.

where were you the last 4 or 5 headlining tours where they played 3 hours a night?

man, when i heard dream theater would only play for about 30 minutes, I felt like, crushed, almost like that girl of your dreams just rejected you feeling, I've been waiting so logn for this concert, and i just found out tonight that they have 2 bands playing, it's my second DT concert, so im pretty syched, it's this saturday:)

This'll piss you off, but they played here last night and i passed on it :shock:

i've seen them 5 or 6 times though.
i used to be really close friends with these guys that were OB-fucking-SESSED with dream theater. the one was a drummer and the other was a guitarist. the 3 of us used to drive 5 hours to chicago to see them after (or before) they played detroit.

my first dream theater show was in chicago march of 02.
it was the 2nd night when they played all of master of puppets.
that was still one of the best shows i've ever seen. i was right up front because we'd gotten in line at like 3pm.

i really haven't liked anything after train of thought though.

Sp3ktral said:
i think they are playing with Into Eternity....which is actually pretty sweet.

Yeah they are, which is not sweet because that's insulting dream theater, they don't need an opener. I'll be bringing my ear plugs and boo'in my head off until they leave and dream theater comes on.

I saw them in Dallas. Into Eternity were first (I didn't care for them at all), then Redemption (they were decent), then DT. Into Eternity and Redemption played for around 30-40 minutes each. DT played for about 2 hours.

Here's a link to all the setlist played so far on the tour:

http://mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1675258

On a related note, Petrucci's Mark IV tone was Godly. :D

shredi knight said:
I saw them in Dallas. Into Eternity were first (I didn't care for them at all), then Redemption (they were decent), then DT. Into Eternity and Redemption played for around 30-40 minutes each. DT played for about 2 hours.

hey

are you the same person who did the Constant Motion clips on Axe-fx forum ? If so did you ever compare how the Axe-Fx kinda compares with the Mark IV ? I love your clips, what model did you use for this tone btw ?

JacksonUSA said:
shredi knight said:

hey

are you the same person who did the Constant Motion clips on Axe-fx forum ? If so did you ever compare how the Axe-Fx kinda compares with the Mark IV ? I love your clips, what model did you use for this tone btw ?

Yeah, that's me and thanks. As much as I would like too, I've never had the opportunity to play a Mark Boogie. I'm just a huge fan of the tone they get (mainly because of Petrucci). I originally joined this board to ask a couple of questions about the Mark's on board graphic EQ to help me simulate it using the parametric eq on the Axe FX.

I used the Axe FX's USA Lead 1 amp sim which is based on the Mark IV on that clip. Guys that have played the Axe FX and the real Mesa have said the USA Lead 1 sim is scary close to the Mark IV. Petrucci's tone in Dallas sounded almost dead on to how my Mark IV patch sounds when I have the Axe FX cranked up loud.

Hey shredi, do you have the standard AxeFX or the Ultra?? What are you using for power amps?? Just curious, I have Mark IV's and I love them, yet I would be really happy to have the AxeFX as a rack rig. I have a couple of VHT power amps that KICK...even used them with PodXT Pro and it sounds pretty decent, for a modeller. It is a easy set-up for a rack rig. I understand the AxeFX is not a Pod, please don't think I am comparing, I'm not, just curious as to how you have chosen to run your AxeFX.

WillPlayForFood said:
Hey shredi, do you have the standard AxeFX or the Ultra?? What are you using for power amps?? Just curious, I have Mark IV's and I love them, yet I would be really happy to have the AxeFX as a rack rig. I have a couple of VHT power amps that KICK...even used them with PodXT Pro and it sounds pretty decent, for a modeller. It is a easy set-up for a rack rig. I understand the AxeFX is not a Pod, please don't think I am comparing, I'm not, just curious as to how you have chosen to run your AxeFX.

I have the standard version of the Axe FX. I'm using a Carvin DCM600 SS power amp, going into 2 Avatar Vintage 4x12 cabs (this is my humble home rig :lol: ). For me, a major reason for using a modeler is not having to deal with tubes, so I went SS. I sometimes wonder how much of a difference (if any) using a tube power amp with it would make, but given the Axe FX's separate power amp sim and how absolutely fantastic the tones I'm getting are, I really can't imagine it sounding much better than it already does.

And I know you weren't comparing, but for the record, the Axe FX kills the Line6 stuff. I had a Vetta II combo for 3 years before this and the Axe FX makes it seem like it was a toy.

Latest posts

Back