DR Strings?!?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MesaENGR412 said:
Guitarzan said:
MesaENGR412 said:
Dean Markley's. Good stuff

I like the Blue Steels.

yup, that's what i use haha sweet.

-AJH

Really? I put a set of those on and couldnt wait to get them off. Very noisy.

I like GHS boomers and they were all I used but started using DR pure blues and I like them alot. I started using them mainly because I was being anal. I'd heard they're easier on frets because they are pure nickel.

I've played with DR Pure Blues and been happy with those.

Does anyone here use the coated Elixir strings on their electric??
I used to use DR on my acoustic until my buddy bought me some Elixirs, and now that's all I want to use on my acoustic.

I bought a set of the elixers for my electric and broke a string within about an hour, so i wasn't too pleased. Although more than likely just bad luck. I do use them on my acoustic as well and love them though.

Guitarzan said:
I just put a set of Black Beauties on my Gothic ES-135. They look cool. Sound ok.

LOL. I put a set of those on. Too bad I couldn't play them for very long. The G broke while I was stringing it. I broke the D while picking, and the e broke while I was bending it (I don't bend much!)
But Hey! they looked soooo cool on my guitar, thats all that matter right? :p

DR strings dont impress me at all.

MetalMatt said:
Guitarzan said:
I just put a set of Black Beauties on my Gothic ES-135. They look cool. Sound ok.

LOL. I put a set of those on. Too bad I couldn't play them for very long. The G broke while I was stringing it. I broke the D while picking, and the e broke while I was bending it (I don't bend much!)
But Hey! they looked soooo cool on my guitar, thats all that matter right? :p

DR strings dont impress me at all.

I'm with you...I'm a GHS Boomers TNT fan. I tried these to give them one more chance.

The DR's I just put on seem ok with the Duncan Alnico II Pro's I have in the 135. I don't think I'll put them on any other guitars that I own.

Back