DR #211 on ebay

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey wouldn't that be the other way around? Maybe it has something to do with the flux capacitor? :lol:

I just looked at 211 again and there seems to be something going on with the diamond plating.

It appears that the diamond plate is a strange color in some places. Maybe it is just oil from touching it but I would want better pics nonetheless. It might just be that the guy selling it has been touching the panel too much. If it is something else, I would want to know before buying it.

Ya know, back in the day there was a little "shell swapping" going on in some places. Wasnt Boogie directly nor was it any music store that I knew of, but I can tell you that some of those early heads that are floating around may have had a different head shell at one time. Especially the black/black and the chrome/chrome Rectos :wink: .My 1st one was a chrome/chrome. When I got the one I have now, I had my pick out of about 12 heads which about 4 of them were a chrome chassis model. I picked the one that sounded the best (obviously), but I had my choice to switch headshells if I was looking for a certain combo. The highest # at that time was in the 400's. Just food for thought in case someone is looking to be 100 percent acurate. By no means was it a standard practice and I am NO WAY saying there was sumthin shady going on. Just saying that there were places that were pretty accomodating to keep ya happy. :)

Boogiebabies said:
Hey, easy on the BB bashing. I'm on medication that's screwing with my Midiclorean count. It's harder to sense smaller disturbances like dyslexia in the Force.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I thought maybe you knew something we didn't and that it really was 236 in the chassis of 232. In any event, though I could see the 232 sticker plainly, you still had me believing you had 236. Talk about jedi mind tricks...

Elpelotero said:
KooAid,

If I were you, I would Email the guy and see if he is willing to drop the price, seeing as how it probably won't sell for what he is hoping for. It's worked for me in the past.

I've tried to email the guy, but he hasn't responded. That alone makes me a little leary of the deal - that, and the higher price for the unit.

I saw the weird sort of tarnish of the diamond plate - it sort of looks like he's been using something too harsh to buff/clean it.

I haven't seen one of these older units before - is anyone on here seeing anything weird about the one for sale, other than the high price?

If I miss this one - what are the chances I might find another good condition 500 Club rev c out there in the next 6 months or so? (I'm assuming the eBay one is rev c based on the serial number)

" The case as far as I know is the original. I have owned the amp for over 10 years and have never had any issues. "

his answer.

Back