Dormant Mark IV Tube Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jargapix

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

Haven't been on here since my boy was born. I have been playing through my MicroCube and PODxt because he was so young and we live in a 2 bedroom Apt. He is now 19 months and can be left at the In-Laws, so I have some moments here and there to fire up my IV.

It's sitting covered in my closet. I have not turned it on in about 19-20 months. Unfortunately, I left the tubes in. :oops: How should I go about playing it again. Should I take out the tubes and clean them off and put them back in? I always warmed it up a bit before playing. Should I let it warm up longer? ANything else I should know about?

It'll be good to hear the sweet tone of my IV after a long layoff!!

Thanks for your help!

JA

You don't need to do anything but you can give it a good dusting if you'd like. Just turn it on and let it warm up for 30 seconds and then it should be ready to go.

Greg

Cool! Thanks. I've had the cover on so I gather it's still clean. I figure I'll give it a nice cleaning first and try and remember my settings and what does what though!

JA

Back