D'OH!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no soul

Reaction score
The other day I decided to pull one of the tubes from my F-100 combo to see what rating it had (stock Mesa tube). Well when I was putting it back in I slipped and my thumb smashed right through the tube!

Im not really sure why Im posting this here...
:oops:

Oh well, I guess its time to order some JJs.

I might just be a cheapskate and just keep it in half power mode.
If I really feel like I need a 100w in the mean time I know Ive got a few random 6l6s sitting arround somewhere.

But in either case Im very ----> :oops:

mrdylan said:
Cut your finger up ?

A tube is not worth the loss of a thumb

nope, not even a scratch. The break on the glass was really really even, which is a sign of good quality, if only they could make them shatter proof.

****, No Soul! You must have some pretty burly thumbs! I don't think I could shove my thumb through a tube if I tried all day (but what do I know?). Crazy.

If you haven't already, check out the GE 6L6's commissioned by Groove Tubes. I have a pair of them in my Road King and really like them.

Adam said:
****, No Soul! You must have some pretty burly thumbs! I don't think I could shove my thumb through a tube if I tried all day (but what do I know?). Crazy.

If you haven't already, check out the GE 6L6's commissioned by Groove Tubes. I have a pair of them in my Road King and really like them.

Man not even, I got small tiny girly fingers but with a huge palm...
And believe me, these things arent that hard to break. I wish I could say this was the first time...

Actually the first time I was juggling a bunch of burned out STR430s, and needless to say, I cant juggle :?

And I know all about the 6l6GE. I actually have a pair of the original 6l6 they were copied from, and I love them. I dont use them often though because Im really afraid of burning them out.

But its not even fair to say the 6l6GE are commissioned by Groove Tubes, they actually MAKE them. They are the only tube being made in America. They actually bought the old Genereal Electric plant just to make that sucker.

no soul said:
But its not even fair to say the 6l6GE are commissioned by Groove Tubes, they actually MAKE them. They are the only tube being made in America. They actually bought the old Genereal Electric plant just to make that sucker.

That makes me feel even better about using them. They seem pretty robust.

Latest posts

Back