Does your LSS make more noise than you would like ??????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFOGG

Reaction score
Maybe I am being picky or have been very lucky w/ other amps i.e.Fender ,Carr ,Marshall ,DR Z ,ToneKIng but there are times when using a single coil TA Strat or TA Hollow T and I am in 30 Watt clean setting as per Mesa recs .... my LSS makes static noises or the clean note decay has a static resonance .. ........?????????????? If that makes sense ??I really don't want to ship this to Calif or bring it to a local amp and have to pay $40.00 to have them tell me that is the way it is w/ EL tubes ..Any ideas or tests I should ???

BTW Anyone point to any LSS sounclips I can listen to and compare ???? :?:

That's not the way EL-84s or an LSS should sound. My LSS is dead quiet.

Is there static on both channels? With the FX loop in and out? Try to narrow down the circumstances that the problem occurs and don't forget to try things like using a new guitar cable, and playing your guitar into another amp to see if the prob is with the guitar. Also try it in another location to eliminate the possibility of line interference.

You may have a bad preamp tube, or something more involved, but the steps above will help narrow it down.

My Toneking is set up right next to i ...no problems w/ the noise .Perhaps overhead lighting is just affecting the LSS ?????????

I only have noise problems with single coil pickups.

I recorded every tracks with my LLS and never ad any noise problem.

http://www.myspace.com/n39tre

FFoog,
I hear something like that from my Nomad,..my LSS,..is qiuet thou,..do you hear the same thing on the other wattage settings,or just at 30 watts?,.might narrow done the power tubes anyway,...
My Nomad is over 4 years old,and I've never done any tube changes to it,but I've already had to change the rectifier tube in the LSS.

Back