Does the Strategy 500 compare to the 50/50?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do understand that you need to load on both sides of the power amp (speakers connected). You well do damage to the amp if not destroy it if you do not.

Is your cab wired stereo ?

The H30 is a 30 watt speaker. Your cab if it has a V30 and H30 it can handle 60 watts.
The output of Strategy 500 is about 200 watts per a side or 400 watts altogether.
You want to have speakers on both sides that can handle at least 200 watts or 400 watts altogether.

The way to figure out how many watts a cab can take is to multiply the number of speakers (in this case 2) times the power rating of the lowest powered speaker (in this case 30 watts).
This being 30watts X 2 = 60 watts.

I have owned that ADA and the JMP1 .... I am not a fan of either. The 6550 size problem is known. The newer tubes are larger than the old ones.

You would want 4 (60watts X 4= 240 watts) of those cabs hooked up to both sides or 8 cabs altogether if you want to avoid blowing a speaker.

Sounds like you got a good deal on it.

Looks like it is in good shape from the photos

stephen sawall said:
You do understand that you need to load on both sides of the power amp (speakers connected). You well do damage to the amp if not destroy it if you do not.

Is your cab wired stereo ?
The S-500 has individual standby/on switches for both sides, so if only one side is used, just one cab should be needed.

I have owned that ADA and the JMP1 .... I am not a fan of either. The 6550 size problem is known. The newer tubes are larger than the old ones.
Ah, that explains it!

You would want 4 (60watts X 4= 240 watts) of those cabs hooked up to both sides or 8 cabs altogether if you want to avoid blowing a speaker.
I'm going to have to figure out what 4x12 I'd like to get to make full use of the amp. There's a LED meter on the front which gives real time feedback of how many watts of power are being used, so I'm able to make sure it isn't out-powering my speakers that way, for now.

Sounds like you got a good deal on it.

Looks like it is in good shape from the photos

Yep, I'm happy!

You can get away with 1x12's if you look at EV and some of the others. If size is a issue.

I just love the sound of that amp. The bottom is huge.

Latest posts

Back