Does the Roadking get the same red channel hi gain sound ...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is closer to the tremoverb then the dual and triple's are, I have always said it is between the dual's and the tremoverbs. Of course I am talking about the RK1 I have not played the RK2 but i have played the roadster which is smoother then the dual channels, even the 2 channel models.

mixtery said:
as the tremoverb?

I have never had the chance to play a Tremoverb, but I have a lot of experience, live and studio, of using Duals and Triples (2ch and 3ch...new and old), Roadsters and Road Kings (1 and 2) and when it comes to RK and Roadster I'd really like to give everybody the advice of trying out the Modern mode of the Orange ch 3 for aggressive rhythm sounds.

I know, it's the opposite of the general "recommendations", but that's how I've always got the tightest rhythm sounds out of RK's and Roadsters. I also find the 4th channel to be perfect for leads!! :D

CJ Grimmark

I agree, using Modern on channel 3 and vintage on Channel 4 does make a great sounding amp.

CJG said:
I have never had the chance to play a Tremoverb, but I have a lot of experience, live and studio, of using Duals and Triples (2ch and 3ch...new and old), Roadsters and Road Kings (1 and 2) and when it comes to RK and Roadster I'd really like to give everybody the advice of trying out the Modern mode of the Orange ch 3 for aggressive rhythm sounds.

I know, it's the opposite of the general "recommendations", but that's how I've always got the tightest rhythm sounds out of RK's and Roadsters. I also find the 4th channel to be perfect for leads!! :D

CJ Grimmark

No, they are close, but you are not getting the same thing. :twisted:

The T-verb has allot of mid range dynamics that you do not get with the other rec's.

If you can, swing a T-verb and hold onto it. I can't explain why, but its a really great / different soudning dual rec.

Like i said, yeah not exactly a TVerb, but then again you can always throw a EQ in the loop of an RK1 and get it even closer to the TVERB.

Fixxer6671 said:
No, they are close, but you are not getting the same thing. :twisted:

The T-verb has allot of mid range dynamics that you do not get with the other rec's.

If you can, swing a T-verb and hold onto it. I can't explain why, but its a really great / different soudning dual rec.

Back