Does the Electra Dyne sound good at lower volume levels?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humbucker

Reaction score
I was wondering if you can get great sounds out of the Electra Dyne without having to blow the windows out of your living room.

I presently have a Fender Twin Reverb and a 50W 1970 Traynor YBA-1 BassMaster head with a 1x12" closed back cab, I use a combination of dirt pedals with these two amps but I'd like to have an amp where I can ditch most of my pedals and get a great sound from the amp itself but it would be a real bonus if I could do this at sane volume levels too.

I actually like mine better at lower to moderate volumes. Don't know if it help but I have my nova system in the loop with the output dialed back. It lets me crank the master without being loud. It sounds great and the wife only asks me to shut the door not turn it off.

It sounds very good at low volume. But it sounds better loud. Atleast on the 1x12 combo I think in part because it has a high wattage speaker

Played one today at volumes where I could hear myself smacking the strings. Clean and low sounded just awesome. Really warm and huge sounding little combo amp. Thought the high mode seems too grainy; maybe that one takes some volume to smooth out or more tweaking then I wanted to deal with at the time.

I think the ED "loses" more at lower volumes than Marks do because of the nature of their gain structures and their tonal palettes. I'd prefer a Mark IV or V at lower volumes than an ED. For me, the bass fullness is why I own a Dyne, which doesn't translate well for me at lower volumes. YMMV.

Latest posts

Back