Does the 2:90 make noise when switching?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChesterH

Reaction score
Hey all you 2:90 owners:

I'm considering getting a 2:90. Does the thing make any noises when switching the modes in and out (deep, 1/2 drive, and modern)?

The Triaxis seems to be really good (quiet) when it switches preamp modes, but if the 2:90 pops & crackles maybe I'll skip it. Of course if it's not a lot of noise, it might be worth it. What do you all think?

Thanks...

Mine doesn't make any noise.
My noise rather comes from the overdrive pedal. Each time I engage the pedal there's always pop "noise". Any cure for that?

I'm talking about "switching" noise here, not the hissing noise we all get when using high gain distorted sounds without a noise gate.

Put another way, does the 2:90 make any EXTRA noise when switching in(or out) any of the modes (deep, 1/2 drive, or modern)?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that somebody had a problem with switching noise... is this a common thing? What do you guys say?

My 2:90 makes an almost indistinguishable "tink" noise when the Triaxis engages the lead channels especially Lead 2. I also frequently use the "Deep" and "Modern" settings together. I think the "tink' sound is nothing more than the activation of the power tube stages. I does not come out through my speaker cabinet whatsoever. I hope that helps.

Good... that's what I want to know... if it makes any noises through the speakers. A click or tink sound inside the box itself would be expected as I bet it has to do something funky in there to get the different modes to work. Maybe that's a relay clicking?

Anybody else hear sounds when switching modes (anything that comes out of the speakers)? Or do you not hear anything?

I hear a little bit of a thump through the speaker depending on which mode I engage. I can't remember which ones are loud. I'm not positive mine's working right though...it recently blew the fuses and made some humming noise...haven't troubleshot it yet.

-dave

Back