Does JP use cabs when recording????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
I have found several vids for the new album and JP is using a MKIV and a MKIIc+

but,

I havent seen any cabs,I have only seen JP sitting in the recording studio not in a live room!!

Is he just taking a Direct signal from his heads or do you think he will have a cab isolated elsewhere in the studio??

I think he would most probably have a cab somewhere but just got me thinkin

On youtube there are several vids for the making of train of Thought and he is using an oversized recto 4x12" and an RK series 1

hmmm any thoughts??
Euan

Thats what I was thinking I was just checking in case there had been some thing published telling how he records and to find out he didnt use cabs would have been a real shame!!

I read several years ago when the Train of Thought album just came out that he used the RK one mesa Oversized cab and miced it mainly with a condenser and a 57

I have also read that he uses two mics,a 57 slightly off axis and almost touching the grill and a sennheiser MD421 and this is also off axis and then the two are blended,the 57 sitting with the highs etc.

pretty sweet sound he has!!

He uses cabs to record, traditional 4x12s. He doesn't use the oversized Recto cab, just the trad. The cab he uses to record is in a live room elsewhere - you see it on the in-studio video they released late last year.

I also found site a picture of his gear for the new album a 4x12" cab from the score dvd with the painted grill,I knew he used cabs on all the other albums but this time I couldnt see any hint of a cab
cheers guys
E

I also found site a picture of his gear for the new album a 4x12" cab from the score dvd with the painted grill,I knew he used cabs on all the other albums but this time I couldnt see any hint of a cab
cheers guys
E

Hey, I just got my latest Guitar Player mag and Petrucci is on the cover. He stated he's gone back to the MKII's for his rig. I for one am glad.... 8)

Latest posts

Back