Does anyone use their Mark IV reverb?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
If so, how?

I'd love to have some nice reverb on my cleans, and slightly overdriven sounds, but then it would be on all the time! :?
I just leave it on, set around 6 or 7. It's a lot more prominent on the clean channel anyways.

no it sucks...at least on the lead. its not even usable but thats just me. the gsystem has sweet reverbs so thats what i use

Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
bryan_kilco said:
isnt there a seperate reverb jack in the back?

get a single button footswitch!

Pfft.

For $5000 I want it in the main footswitch!
$5000, :shock: You got ripped off!

i dont know i love my mark iv but i would never spend that much money on one. importing or not thats a boat load of money and if i ever spend that much on an amp it better make expressos and file my taxes

I think the IV's reverb colors the tone of the amp too much. Adds a little more high end. I am in the process of building a spalted maple head shell for my combo, and I don't even think I am going to install the reverb in it. That's just my opinion of course.

Just to say it politely, why not spend $5020 for a Mark IV with an additional single on/off footswitch for the reverb? If that solves your problem, it's $20?

Sounds like you have a Mark IVa which does not have the footswitchable reverb.
If that is the case there is an easy work around.
http://www.grailtone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=140

I like the sound of the reverb on my Mark IV but more often than not I end up using a Peavey Valverb in the loop. Mostly for the tremolo but also so I can switch it in and out easily and it also has a great sounding reverb.

No no, it's not a case of not being able to switch it.

I bought it in '08 brand new. I can get a footswitch for it, but I don't want another seperate button to press.

Oh, and remember, the economy's different here. We use £ Sterling right, it's not like I paid £5000 for it.

Latest posts

Back