Does anyone use a MK I as a pedal platform?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Input 2 works well with pedals, basically in line with what you might expect from a Fender amp of similar vintage – I've played it with the xotic BB Preamp and Big Muff, which both sounded cool to me.

I posted a video to YouTube a couple of weeks ago – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocsq9axUY6U&list=UUfMxyRaGQFpcOqfvireu71w&index=1&feature=plcp – of the BB Preamp put in front of an already pretty hot input 1.

The Mark I is such a cool amp, and that lead tone (particularly wound up, and with high output p'ups) is the best, but it's really not that flexible.

Have you already got one or are you on the lookout?

sometimes i'll use my markIIb for this...
i've got some nice pedals.

and the clean channel, has such a rich wide range of possible clean tones, plus a bit of crunch...

i can set the clean channel up, so that i can control my overall volume with my guitar's vol pot, use my pedals for various tones and distortions, and then just crank up the guitar vol for solo boosts.

i find that my boogie EXCELS as a pedal platform, but i mostly record with it these days, and like the natural boogie grind for distortion.

Back