Does anyone make replacement headshells for Boogies?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedhouseNorton

Reaction score
Im looking for a shell for my .50 Cal+. I know I can get one directly from Mesa for $250 , but I only paid $350 for the whole amp ! Does anyone make aftermarket shells for Mesas? Or if anyone has one they would part with , let me know

There's a guy here on the board that makes headshells, do a search cause I can't remember who it is. How you liking that .50Cal+? Love BOTH of mine.

18 3/4"w Mark combo shells are pretty easy to come by. Marks are too d*** heavy so they get converted to heads fairly often. If that will work for your 50cal, just post a WTB in the classifieds.

scottcrud said:
There's a guy here on the board that makes headshells, do a search cause I can't remember who it is. How you liking that .50Cal+? Love BOTH of mine.

LOVE the .50 Cal+ ! To be honest , I bought it without ever actually playing one. My Mark IV is my main amp and I wanted an inexpensive backup. the 50 Cal was the first amp I thought of because Pepper Keenan swears by them. On this last Down tour , Jimmy ( Downs drummer who Ive been buds with for quite some time) invited me to a show after party and I sat and shot the **** with Pepper for quite a while about gear. At the time , I had an Orange endorsement and Down is using Orange right now too so I asked him how he liked them and he said " Theyre bitchin man , but they dont get up and yell at ya like my Boogies".

I thought the 50 cal was pretty hard to dial in believe it or not. With my MK IV , I was where I wanted to be , tone wise , in a couple of minutes. The 50 cal took me a LOT longer. On the dirty channel , its a delicate balance between the two volumes. BUT , now that Ive got it dialed in , there are days when I prefer it ovr my MK IV :D

Back