Does anyone have Mark III short head fan mounting pictures?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychodave

Reaction score
Hey. I'm looking for some pictures of a Mark III short head fan mounting. I did a search, but not much came up.

I know the fan is a Cyclohm Howard Fan.

Thanks!!

Dave you talking old Mesa headcab
or
new Mesa headcab with the "V cut" in the front.

Old style:

Two screws went into the bottom of the fan and into the opening for the fan into the headshell.

The top of the fan had two small 90 degree metal clips (with two holes) that attached to the top of the fan via screws.
Then to the headshell through the other hole in the metal clip into the face of the headshell.

This pic is a custom made "clip" someone made which extends the full length of the fan.
It's not stock but you get the idea of what how the clips on top worked.

Notice the two screws through the fan into the headshell at the bottom.

I'll try and get a Mesa version of the clips etc pic posted too

FanmountingMKII-callouts.jpg

Hey. Thanks for the post. The cab actually has the V cut out and detachable front panel ala the Mark IV...which is cool. It has an aftermarket fan and was installed very high and the power tubes rest on it. I'm just looking for pictures to see how the fan was mounted from boogie.

I may redo the tolex afer seeing your pics :D

Ok much easier to get pics of those and/ or see how it works.

My head cabs have a bracket similar to what Mesa uses in the "V" cut.

Here's a Mesa bracket.

IMG_0437_resize.jpg

It's an "L" shape bracket. Front screws to the cab.
On the top of the "L" are two machine screws which attaches the fan to the bracket.
I don't have a pic of the Mesa version but you can see these two screws on the bracket in one of my cabs

PurpleBroncoColiLonghead04_resize.jpg

Wow. Thanks for the pictures. It helps a lot.

Now I need to source some aluminum angle metal. :D

Thanks again for the pictures. I went to Home Depot and got some 1x1 angle aluminum and made a bracket. It came out perfect... 8)

Cool.
I didn't know 'Home Cheapo' had 1x1 angled aluminum (or any sized angled aluminum).
That may be worth checking out.
Usually I have them made at a local machine shop.
If the price is right it may be time to switch over to home cheapo

gts said:
Cool.
I didn't know 'Home Cheapo' had 1x1 angled aluminum (or any sized angled aluminum).
That may be worth checking out.
Usually I have them made at a local machine shop.
If the price is right it may be time to switch over to home cheapo

Yep, it was cheap too. Like $6 for a 12 or 18 inch piece. Took 5 minutes to measure, cut and drill. Add another 5 minutes to install. 8)

Back