Does a Rectoverb combo (series 1) have a solo boost on it?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
I just bought a Rectoverb v1 combo from someone and it should be here next week. The main thing I forgot to ask is does it have the solo boost on it? Thats the main thing I want to know, but it wouldn't hurt to know what the other differences are? I seen a post that explained a little on it and said the main difference was:

1) the RAW setting
2) 6l6 or el34 can be used on the v2
3) reverb knob positioning

Is that about it?

From what Mike at Mesa told me the overdrive is configured slightly more agressively in the Series 2. I'll be honest, I thought the S1 was better sounding when I compared it to the S2. Remember though that tone is subjective (to an extent). BTW, there is a solo boost on the S1 which can be controled by the footswitch and dialed on the amp.

tele_jas said:
I just bought a Rectoverb v1 combo from someone and it should be here next week. The main thing I forgot to ask is does it have the solo boost on it? Thats the main thing I want to know, but it wouldn't hurt to know what the other differences are? I seen a post that explained a little on it and said the main difference was:

1) the RAW setting
2) 6l6 or el34 can be used on the v2
3) reverb knob positioning

Is that about it?

GREAT!!!!! I can't wait to get this "puppy" and fire 'er up! I love my triple, but it's too much sometimes and is way too much if I just want to jam for a few minutes on it.......heck, it takes about 10 minutes to pull it all out (amp, cab, box of cables, ect...) and set it up. This is going to be so much fun!!!!! :D

One thing too that I like about the ROV series 1 is that with the Master all the way down and the channel volume up slightly you can practise with a decent tone and not wake up the house. I practise at 5:30 AM and no-one has complained yet lol!. Be warned though, this thing weighs 75 POUNDS!

tele_jas said:
GREAT!!!!! I can't wait to get this "puppy" and fire 'er up! I love my triple, but it's too much sometimes and is way too much if I just want to jam for a few minutes on it.......heck, it takes about 10 minutes to pull it all out (amp, cab, box of cables, ect...) and set it up. This is going to be so much fun!!!!! :D

Be warned though, this thing weighs 75 POUNDS!

Which is why i bought the head. :D Mines the series 2 and while you say the voicing is a bit more aggressive, more people like the cleans on these better. Which I aggree that they rock, though I sometimes wish I could dial in an even more aggressive distortion, but I guess thats what a tiple is for.

The head is ligter then my 20 watt ashdown peacemaker combo (which is for sale by the way)

TheRazMeister said:
One thing too that I like about the ROV series 1 is that with the Master all the way down and the channel volume up slightly you can practise with a decent tone and not wake up the house. I practise at 5:30 AM and no-one has complained yet lol!. Be warned though, this thing weighs 75 POUNDS!

thats true of the 2nd gen as well, and just about any amp with a master output and channel volume.

Also, as far as the 1st vs 2nd gen debate for the single recto, I have put them side to side, and find the difference very minimal. On equal settings yes the 2nd gen seems to have a bit more growl, of course if you dont like that its not very hard to turn the gain down now is it?

Clean channel on the 2nd seemed a bit nicer, but hardly what I would call a deal breaker if you were trying to decide between the 2.

Over all the single recto hasnt changed much, unlike the Dual Recto which seen a few different phases already.

First - I disagree, I played the Series 2 with exactly the same settings and thought it sounded harsh compared to my series 1 - but that's just my opinion.
More importantly :) , The solo boost seemed almost useless at practise the other day. I turned it up to about 2 o'clock and noticed very little change in output. Is there a trick to the thing? I will point out that I had my presence set unusually high (for me!) at about 3 o'clock. Also, at home, at low volumes the boost is very pronounced

no soul said:
TheRazMeister said:

thats true of the 2nd gen as well, and just about any amp with a master output and channel volume.

Also, as far as the 1st vs 2nd gen debate for the single recto, I have put them side to side, and find the difference very minimal. On equal settings yes the 2nd gen seems to have a bit more growl, of course if you dont like that its not very hard to turn the gain down now is it?

Clean channel on the 2nd seemed a bit nicer, but hardly what I would call a deal breaker if you were trying to decide between the 2.

Over all the single recto hasnt changed much, unlike the Dual Recto which seen a few different phases already.

TheRazMeister said:
First - I disagree, I played the Series 2 with exactly the same settings and thought it sounded harsh compared to my series 1 - but that's just my opinion.
More importantly :) , The solo boost seemed almost useless at practise the other day. I turned it up to about 2 o'clock and noticed very little change in output. Is there a trick to the thing? I will point out that I had my presence set unusually high (for me!) at about 3 o'clock. Also, at home, at low volumes the boost is very pronounced

read what I said again, I said the 2nd has a bit more growl with the same settings, but it isnt hard to dial out if you know what you are doing. And if you play metal, then this is a good thing!

The only advantage IMO of the 1st gen over the 2nd is that it switches channels much more smoothly

Latest posts

Back