does a DC-3 chassis fit into a Studio 22+ cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caddie

Reaction score
Just like the subject line says. does a DC-3 chassis from a combo fit into a Studio 22+ combo cab?

Sum total; Can I directly swap amps between a DC-3 combo and a Studio 22+ combo?

I know, I know I'm rephrasing the same question. Too much CourtTV I guess. :lol:
The Caddie

As long as they are both short chassis amps I don't see why not.

Original Mark I's and the II's had slightly different screw spacing. III's and later share a common spacing.

Russ said:
Original Mark I's and the II's had slightly different screw spacing. III's and later share a common spacing.
Russ, thanks for clearing that up.

I know a Mark III fits a Studio .22 and visa-versa, because I experienced that.

I do have a Mark IIB but long chassis which is totally useless information for this post . :?

The "cups" are the SUS-4 mounting system. That doesn't really matter.

Since the later combos do not have the SUS-4 mounting, I thought the screw locations might be different.

I went ahead & measured the screw locations on my .50 Cal 1x12 combo, which is the same shell as the Studio 22.
2 5/16" from the back,
1 3/8" from the side,
5 5/16" from screw to screw, front to back.
Measurements include cab & tolex. From pictures on the net, it looks to be the same.

caddie said:
Just like the subject line says. does a DC-3 chassis from a combo fit into a Studio 22+ combo cab?

Sum total; Can I directly swap amps between a DC-3 combo and a Studio 22+ combo?

I know, I know I'm rephrasing the same question. Too much CourtTV I guess. :lol:
The Caddie

Ask the Board member "Monsta-Tone", he can tell you all about it. :D

Gentleman,
Thanks for all the info! Very generous of you to so quickly share your time & info. Jeez, tommyhawk13 went so far as to drag out the ol' carpenter's tape & take some measurements.

Thanks again to all,
The Caddie

Latest posts

Back