Do the stage 2 duece have a decent low end

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do use my Stiletto at home but I just dial it in differently. Although I don't practice in a bedroom per say I am quite happy with my "bedroom tone".
I dial my masters up to 2:00 (Crunch Channel 1 and Tight Gain), Presence almost off, Treble low, Base 9:00, Mids 11:00-1:00. I really like it. I get a good thick and warm tone that way.
I think cranking the Masters up and leaning heavier on the preamp tubes is the key for low volumes. IMHO anyway.
I've never used an equalizer but I have read that they do a great job with the Stiletto.

danyeo1 said:
Actually I'm finding that an MXR 10-band EQ in the loop does a lot of good.

Agree 100%. The 10 band is the first thing I purchased to help my stage 1.

I think ive said it once in thread but Ill say it again...

These amps could really benefit from a depth mod.

I ran an Allums GEQ7 in my loop. 100hz +2db, 200hz +1db

droptrd said:

Remember I'm playing the 1x12 combo. Sometimes i think it sounds good and sometimes it doesn't. But it sounds a lot better hooked into a 2x12 cabinet. There's something about the Electra Dyne combo that sounds really fat. Actually, it's the cab of that combo. I extended speaker cable of the ED and plugged it into the the Ace 8OHM input. The Ace played through the Electra Dyne combo's cab sounded much better than the Ace through it's own combo's cab.

danyeo1 said:
droptrd said:

Remember I'm playing the 1x12 combo. Sometimes i think it sounds good and sometimes it doesn't. But it sounds a lot better hooked into a 2x12 cabinet. There's something about the Electra Dyne combo that sounds really fat. Actually, it's the cab of that combo. I extended speaker cable of the ED and plugged it into the the Ace 8OHM input. The Ace played through the Electra Dyne combo's cab sounded much better than the Ace through it's own combo's cab.
What speaker is in your ED cab?

droptrd said:

I didn't find a need to run an EQ when I had that amp. I was using the Tite Gain mode and found that the low end cut through just enough. The Fluid Drive mode however, was WAY thin.

mikey383 said:
droptrd said:

I didn't find a need to run an EQ when I had that amp. I was using the Tite Gain mode and found that the low end cut through just enough. The Fluid Drive mode however, was WAY thin.

Interesting. Mine has more low end and low mids when going from tite gain to fluid drive, which results in the latter being looser sounding than the former...

KH Guitar Freak said:
mikey383 said:
droptrd said:

Interesting. Mine has more low end and low mids when going from tite gain to fluid drive, which results in the latter being looser sounding than the former...

This was also a Stage I with the Fluid Drive mod.

Latest posts

Back