Do the Nomads have the rectifier distortion?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanicProne

Reaction score
I've decided I like the cleans on the Nomad better than the ones on the Rectifiers. But I also like the rectifier distortion. I didn't have enough time to try out the dirty channel on the Nomad, but does it have that modern high gain/crunch/buzzy distortion that the rectifiers have?

Channel 3 of the Nomad 100 combo that I have gets pretty close to it, especially if you play it through a closed back 412.

My favorite Nomad sound is channel 2 modern.

It's not the Rectifier distortion! Unlike the Rectifiers series, (Rectoverbs, Singles, Duals, Triples, Roadkings, and Roadsters) that basically share the same distortion tones, the Nomads are completely different!

Just to clarify myself, Nomads have plenty of distortion, even though it's not of exactly the same nature as Recto series. All Nomads have a silicon diode rectifier to boot (no tube rectifier inside).

Nomad 100, btw, has a Graphic EQ, not Parametric EQ.

NO.....I tried the F-50, Lonestar(1x12), Nomad, F-30, Maverick (2x12), bought a Rectoverb series 1 and finally....sold that for a Rectoverb series 2.If you like the gain on the ROV, which I do, the others will be lacking.
I would own (and plan to own) an F-30, F-50, or a lonestar eventually. But today, I need the gain and for me it's a Rec. (F-30 gain is a close 2nd BTW).

PanicProne said:
I've decided I like the cleans on the Nomad better than the ones on the Rectifiers. But I also like the rectifier distortion. I didn't have enough time to try out the dirty channel on the Nomad, but does it have that modern high gain/crunch/buzzy distortion that the rectifiers have?

TheRazMeister said:
NO.....I tried the F-50, Lonestar(1x12), Nomad, F-30, Maverick (2x12), bought a Rectoverb series 1 and finally....sold that for a Rectoverb series 2.If you like the gain on the ROV, which I do, the others will be lacking.
I would own (and plan to own) an F-30, F-50, or a lonestar eventually. But today, I need the gain and for me it's a Rec. (F-30 gain is a close 2nd BTW).

F series gain is pretty close, a lot of the values on the lead ch are copied from the Recto. Not quite as agressive as a recto on "modern" though.
Smoother and a bit more defined IMO

^ alot of the same can be said about the nomad as well. i don't know how much gain you're looking for but the nomad will put out enough to keep up with one. i can mimic some of the crunch but all around it's a more refined tone compared to the brash rectos. that being said though with my nomad with the OD infront will take on any recto... and thats a challenge! :D

In my experience, Nomads (I have a 55 2X12 combo) have there own hi gain sound which is not quite as gnarly as the recto's, but a truely awesome balls to the wall tone anyway. You also end up with a shed load of of other amazing distorted tones plus one of the most beautiful, and controlable, clean channels going.

Like the recto's, you can also drop el34's into the 55 and 100 models - which give you a whole new range of tones to play with.

Don't under estimate the Nomads my friend. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back