do mesas have built in 220v ? or do you need to custom order

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ang3lus

Reaction score
asking cause i'm thinking of buying a mesa in the states, and want to know if they can handle 220v or do they need to be ordered with 220v

No, a mesa wired for 110v will not handle 220v. They have specific transformers for each voltage. You would have to get one that has a 220v specific transformer.

like the guy before me said. the transformer that runs on 110v wont handle 220v power. so you'll need a stepdown transformer. or to get the transformer replaced. because you'll be taking the amp out of the US the warranty will be useless so just take it to a reputable tech and they should be able to do it for you.

just buy it anywhere else where the local currency is 220-240v (hong kong, china, europe, uk ....) or order online there.

prices should be the same, only in europe they are extremly overpriced.

otherwise you will wait a feeling "lifetime" for your order

some people here change the trannies by themself, maybe you try that

could mesa change the original transformer with an european one?

Has anyone experienced plugging a 120v mesa into a 240v AC outlet? Did it only blow a fuse or two or was the amp guts totally damaged?

Kinda wondering how tolerant mesa amps are from these types of accident.

http://www.vendolin.se/Annonce_Detail.asp?rub=&annonceid=5416804
(the 3rd pic)

this Mark III has a switchable transformator ao i believe it is possible but I don't know if Mesa still offers this option.

PnKnG said:
http://www.vendolin.se/Annonce_Detail.asp?rub=&annonceid=5416804
(the 3rd pic)

this Mark III has a switchable transformator ao i believe it is possible but I don't know if Mesa still offers this option.

They don't. The Mark III was the last to be introduced with the switchable export transformer.

Latest posts

Back